• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 kilo coins worth it?

verrachi

6 hours ago, verrachi said:

1 kilo coins worth it? what about 1 kilo Queens Beast Coin !!? get Silver Proof or not?
What's everyone's perspective on 1 Kilo coin overall?

:D

I think 1kg coins are very impressive and if there’s a particular series or a coin you truly adore, and if available in 1kg weight, what would stop anyone from splashing out? 

A 1kg Coin is very nearly always going to cost a lot more premium than say a generic 1kg bar. 

Unfortunately, I think this thread could easily go off topic and come down to a race to the bottom in terms of most bang for your buck, in which case it becomes rhetorical and leads to the old ‘buy as close to spot as possible’ drivel, in which case don’t even buy a generic easy to handle 1kg Bar, buy 1kg worth of scrap silver- it will be a bargain and you can stash it in your shed in an old carboard box until the time comes to sell. 

It all comes down to what your stacking strategy is, I’d be first in the queue for a sub £450 1kg Coin, who wouldn’t be? 

But if you want to own a pristine 1kg coin, cherish it and enjoy it, then go for it, but swallow the premium you will pay, and if you get a bargain then all the better.  

Here’s one that I would love to own, and my opinion, without doubt one of the most beautiful designs of any modern coin.  Might be worth considering as it is of very low mintage and I believe to be a great price, not to mention that this Forum member will ensure it gets to you very well packaged.  Top Forum member. 

Worth it if you can get them at the right price, I turned my nose up at kilo Koalas in 2015 that are selling for an easy £100-£150 if not more today in favour of something a bit more semi-numesmatic.  I wish I had loaded up on them.

Edit - I see you are in Taiwan, I was coming at this from a UK persective with their 20% VAT on silver bars that can be avoided by getting a margin scheme coin instead, I have no idea how Taiwan governs silver.

12 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Here’s one that I would love to own, and my opinion, without doubt one of the most beautiful designs of any modern coin.  Might be worth considering as it is of very low mintage and I believe to be a great price, not to mention that this Forum member will ensure it gets to you very well packaged.  Top Forum member. 

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.

Must be premium member content.

The suspense is killing me.:wacko:  Whats the best kilo coin?

Thanks everyone for the reply :)

Yes I understand and fully agree that when stacking silver it is better to get as close to spot. 

I guess I should elaborate the question a little more...

From a COLLECTION point of view, will 1 Kilo Proof Queens Beast (100 mintage) Coin keep & gain significant value over time in Dollar/oz ratio, compare to other collection coins from other mintage with a more *artistic design*,  [Currently 1kg Proof QB Falcon Oz/Dollar ratio is $68.27/oz  From Apmex.]

Also instead of 1 Kilo QB Falcon coin, would 10oz one be better even tho its ratio is even higher. $96.5/oz 

:D

I personally love the kilo coins.  I have the Lunar 2 set in Kilo.  Looks AWESOME!!!

Stored properly in nice anti tarnish soft wallets for ultimate OCD protection and they will stay stunning forever.

In storage at the mo so no pics of them all together but here's the mouse.

20170712_173027.jpg

20170712_174243.jpg

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Archived