• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

$14 oz Dollar Silver

Abyss

Today been almost straight down with very little support. Gold has also declined but nowhere near sliver decline in percentage terms. Gold Silver ratio just widen even further (84.6). Approaching the 2016 lows. Image below 15 minute chart Sliver in the December 2018 futures contract.

image.pngimage.thumb.png.70272b995e12bc5c96c0d071705e0ab6.png

9 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

Absolute insanity, and it happens at the exact moment I cannot afford to buy anything! And the pound held up against the dollar today too, so this is a real price slash!

Agreed.

Silver end trading day $14.17 oz.

Instant reaction from Chris Duane at TruthNeverTold

I know the price I want to purchase large amount of physical gold ($960-1000 oz level discussed in other threads) but when comes to physical sliver I don't know. I also was forming the belief that once gold silver ratio hits the 84 level time to "Get the truck in reverse" mentality until I came across the video below. As someone who has spent significant amount of time learning technical analysis (reading price action on charts) what Christopher Aaron says in the video below makes a lot of sense to me.

Learning about precious metals and how central banks via commercial bank have carried out perception management and if these can be managed worldwide (price set $ COMEX CME) then what other commodities and markets also managed and makes you question what exactly is money? I am personally holding off purchasing any more large amount of physical silver until I can see a clear define break in the established downward trendline that has put Precious Metals now in a bear market.

I don't trade Silver paper markets but it now has to test the $13.70 level looking for support at this level and to establish new bullish trendline.

image.thumb.png.4b803cf3a6503decef3b6d00ffc51c4b.png

10 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I think most pound cost average each month so keeping buying on the way down and on the way back up. 

Absolutely the best way..... beats the experts who think they can time the tops or bottoms of markets!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

10 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I think most pound cost average each month so keeping buying on the way down and on the way back up. 

Agreed.

45 minutes ago, dicker said:

Absolutely the best way..... beats the experts who think they can time the tops or bottoms of markets!

So true trying to time the bottom and the top market near to impossible and then have added complexity of GBP/USD and GBP/EUR exchange rates to factor in because it is the cheapest method to purchase silver is in Euros via European Bullion dealer and uncertainty of Brexit.

I have heard the saying that if you have physical possession precious metals then cannot get stop out of your position regardless of what the price is.

• 2 weeks later...

Carried out my long term analysis on GBP/USD. I have lot invested in GBP and would like nothing better than cable to going back to 1.45 (I personally want it to go back to 2.00). Unfortunately I see cable 1st heading lower towards the 1.22 level meet confluence support (horizontal support trendlines/Fibonacci retracement level and broken downtrend line now acting as support). Cable holds this level with no real bodies (candlesticks) below 1.19 level then cable should manage to climb back to 1.42 major resistance level. I see long time cable could trade between 1.30 to 1.40 level. I don't see cable 1.45 anytime soon.

image.thumb.png.b12a4f13e0509e8ab5dceb6d9fa7cd6e.png

End of the week I thought carry out some more analysis on today move in Gold and Silver (14th September 2018).

Today high price to the low price

GOLD $1213.8 (High) to $1197.7 (low) $16.1 dollar move down gold 1.33% fall gold price
SILVER $14.31 (High) to $14.09 0.22 cent move down in silver 1.54% fall price of silver

Is it me or in a downtrend is silver falling faster than gold which is widening the gold to silver ratio?

image.thumb.png.c6a2b53caded5799e7309df5da772a5d.pngimage.thumb.png.95958d327e24315b1d1bbb765bf54063.png

I'm loading up, it's free money.  Only twice in my life, back in the 90's, and again in 2008/2009, has silver been such a good buy.  Hopefully silver will stay low, and ideally even "tank" if/when the stock market takes a dump, I would love to see 12$us/oz, or lower again in my life, but I doubt that will happen.  This 14$us/oz price is probably the best we can hope for.  I've been waiting for this opportunity for 10 years or more.

18 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

I'm loading up, it's free money.  Only twice in my life, back in the 90's, and again in 2008/2009, has silver been such a good buy.  Hopefully silver will stay low, and ideally even "tank" if/when the stock market takes a dump, I would love to see 12$us/oz, or lower again in my life, but I doubt that will happen.  This 14$us/oz price is probably the best we can hope for.  I've been waiting for this opportunity for 10 years or more.

Very good... Except silver was even lower than this as recently as early 2016 :D

Silver IS very cheap now, but lets not revert to revisionist history. 

6 minutes ago, vand said:

Very good... Except silver was even lower than this as recently as early 2016 :D

Silver IS very cheap now, but lets not revert to revisionist history. 

I mean 2016, through ... whenever, 2020 ?  2025 ?  I mean NOW like .. these few years we get to buy, I don't mean TODAY lol.  I've made a lot of posts since I got here about being a buyer now that the price is below 20$us/oz.

Illuminati Silver produced very good video provide the counter argument dollar lost 98% value since the 1900's

Central banks (now includes China) intervening in the markets to provide support

How low will silver and gold go? Technically bear market for precious metals with perception management (manipulation) via paper markets priced in Dollars. As long confidence in the fiat system I think situation can continue well into Donald Trump 2nd term (2024) may not continue to decline but can certainly kept range bound.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-reelection-2020-republican-candidate-latest-a7988676.html

The silver forums great source of information about PM and currently has 3692 members. Looking for a bottom in PMs and substantial increase in the value of PM it will take the general public to accept PM as money and suitable alternative to fiat. The membership need to climb to 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k and significant slowdown in performance silver forum website @ChrisSIlver  sending announcement need to temporary shutdown the forum to migrate to more powerful hardware.

image.png

Archived