• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

what to do as a starting stacker?

tacvsilver

So how are you not allowed to voice your opinion?

I don't care what you bought, how much you paid, or how much you are selling for.

I do care when you say that you are prevented from airing your views.

Awaiting explanation.

Stacker since 2013

@Craig12

I don't know who you bought your coins from at £12.5 or so but that is a hell of a good price even cheaper than the shit I bought in the USA.

There is no way on this god forsaken planet I would sell my silver at or near spot unless of course it is around £50/0z, even then I would have to think about it.

you are misunderstanding the words  "youre not allowed an opinion"  what I mean is not that you are not allowed your opinion but you are not allowed your opinion ,  what im saying is as soon as you say it as it is , how I believe people don't like it , they love reply to posts if its all nicey nicey , but as soon as you mention something you don't agree with  bang .reply repl reply , up to that pont nothing ..

There is no way on this god forsaken planet I would sell my silver at or near spot unless of course it is around £50/0z, even then I would have to think about it.

That would probably be because there are thousands of people out there that realise that spot price does not include for shipping, minting, shipping, distribution, packaging, advertising etc etc.

And those people are willing to pay a certain amount over spot for that service.

Stacker since 2013

you are misunderstanding the words "youre not allowed an opinion" what I mean is not that you are not allowed your opinion but you are not allowed your opinion , what im saying is as soon as you say it as it is , how I believe people don't like it , they love reply to posts if its all nicey nicey , but as soon as you mention something you don't agree with bang .reply repl reply , up to that pont nothing ..

I don't believe I am misunderstanding any words.

So you are saying you are allowed your opinion but you don't like people disagreeing with your opinion?

Stacker since 2013

I think at some point in acquiring metals we will all stumble apon a few amazing deals, earlier this year I bought 6 gold rings, 3 pairs of gold earrings and 3 ounces of silver along with a bag of costume jewellery for £10 the lot. That was the deal of a lifetime, But I would not expect to buy at that price again. 

Buying 999 bullion at spot in this country whilst not impossible is highly unlikely - Yes if someone takes coins to sell at a dealer it will be under spot or spot price, but they accept that for instant cash in a hassle free safe environment it costs money (or a loss on value of goods for sale) If I was selling coins, and meeting up with random people I would not expect spot price, if I wanted that I would go to a dealer, For personal transactions I would expect a fair market price and a deal that is fair for both buyer and seller.

I very much doubt i am alone in these feelings, and so I believe this is not the best route for a new stacker to approach, the stack will probably never take of the ground. 

I'll have my say. 

I have nothing to say really.  It'll end up going round and round and round and round in circles.  But I thought I'd reply for the sake of replying for absolutely no reason except to make a pointless post for utter pointlessness.  Why?  Because I feel like it.  Sorry DB, I just wanted to.

hi guys, 

Should i buy collections? or bulk buy silver of a certain coin or bar? Ive heard videos talking about peoples core stack? 

any help or advice will be brilliant. many thanks

Depends entirely what your reasons for stacking/collecting are? This should ultimately drive your stacking plan. And not much point getting advice from people with completely different objectives/exit plans.

There's a vast amount of information on this forum on all kinds of strategies.

Also depends on your budget and how frequently you plan on buying.

My reasons for stacking are quite numerous, but ultimately I expect precious metals to go up significantly in price over the next 5-10 years relative to other assets. I didn't start with a plan; I was buying all kinds of coins and bars, which kept the unboxings seem like Christmas. But once the honeymoon period ended, I was left thinking - I just want more ounces! And now that's all I'm looking at. That said, I still enjoy unboxing 20 maples knowing it's adding to the stack.

If your reasons for stacking are anything like mine - suggest you get 2 or 3 of every coin/bar you like the look of. Then start accumulating what keeps you interested.

Wish I had the foresight at 21yo! All the best

Depends entirely what your reasons for stacking/collecting are? This should ultimately drive your stacking plan. And not much point getting advice from people with completely different objectives/exit plans.

There's a vast amount of information on this forum on all kinds of strategies.

Also depends on your budget and how frequently you plan on buying.

My reasons for stacking are quite numerous, but ultimately I expect precious metals to go up significantly in price over the next 5-10 years relative to other assets. I didn't start with a plan; I was buying all kinds of coins and bars, which kept the unboxings seem like Christmas. But once the honeymoon period ended, I was left thinking - I just want more ounces! And now that's all I'm looking at. That said, I still enjoy unboxing 20 maples knowing it's adding to the stack.

If your reasons for stacking are anything like mine - suggest you get 2 or 3 of every coin/bar you like the look of. Then start accumulating what keeps you interested.

Wish I had the foresight at 21yo! All the best

thanks very much sir!  and the best, i wish to you too

thanks for all the opinions everyone. while it seems like alot of controversy here, i enjoy reading it all, hearing everyones opinion and learning from what people are saying. cheers guys!

Bit late to the party, but my overriding opinion is to not put up any sort of barriers about what you will or won't buy just yet. Need to find your feet about what exactly you want to own.

General feeling is a mixture of bullion/semi-numi. You'll find as much as people want to try *not* to be a collector rather than a stacker! usually they have to give in :)

I'd agree with Ares, do not limit yourself to what you will or will not buy, have a look at what is out there and make your own choices, People usually start off with common bullion coins like Britannias , American eagles, Canadian maples& Austrian Philharmonics, all readily available 1oz silver bullion.

Then some go down the route of cheap as possible rounds, and low premium bullion, scrap, cheap 1oz bars, some go semi numismatic which is bullion with some collectable factor eg has animal series on it like the Australian lunar series for example and some go the collecting route, higher priced coins including proofs and larger coins.

The thing is everyone one has an opinion non right or wrong just do whatever floats your boat within your budget.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Im pretty new to the game but i have set some targets for myself target bullion silver is 300oz this year thats bullion so coins and bars that i would mind scrapping at a heart beat 

Then my other target is to enjoy it all and get me a oz or 2 of gold as well not huge stack but the price has to be right as well 

look long term and it be fun :] 

Archived