• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

what to do as a starting stacker?

tacvsilver

hi guys, 

im 21 and Ive recently started stacking. ive done alot of researching and have already made a few purchases.

However i dont what direction that im go in. 

Should i buy collections? or bulk buy silver of a certain coin or bar? Ive heard videos talking about peoples core stack? 

any help or advice will be brilliant. many thanks

is there an old thread or any recommendations for sites to buy silver outside the uk that you dont pay vat on?

http://thesilverforum.com/topic/382-a-compiled-list-of-bullion-dealers/

As long as they are in the EU, there are no additional taxes to be paid.

If it's a VAT free price (marginal VAT), then either Germany or Estonia.

no danny that's not correct , my recent purchases were all £12 ish per coin when silver was at around £11.50 I offered near spot and the fellow stacker wanted to sell at near spot

Will YOU be selling your stack at near spot? If so I'm sure the silver you are wanting to sell will be soon gone  :)

the poster asked how to buy vat free silver      that's how

Yeah but the chances of coming across a stacker desperate to sell off his stash at rock bottom prices are quite low, especially if you are new to stacking, (as the OP is) and don't know anybody else who also stacks silver.

A more practical approach for a newbie would be to point them in the right direction with a list of cheap bullion websites recommended by people who have used them in the past.

Oh and Danny is right, you may have bought your Silver cheaply, but I doubt you bought it VAT free. I can guarantee the original stacker would have bought the coins with some VAT within his original purchase price.

Don't confuse cheap coins with VAT free. 

well if I bought them with vat he must have paid £9 per coin ex vat to make something on me  what year was silver £7 plus premium   some people will take cash in this double dip recession    the countrys fooked  people need money to pay bills and mortgage

well if I bought them with vat he must have paid £9 per coin ex vat to make something on me  what year was silver £7 plus premium   some people will take cash in this double dip recession    the countrys fooked  people need money to pay bills and mortgage

Not wishing to hijack the OP's thread and going off on tangent, so I'll make just one comment and that will be it. You are assuming that he sold the coins at a profit. Chances are that he sold at a loss, Unlike yourself, who is trying to make a 40% profit on your stack after just a few months. Fair play and good luck with that. 

Oh and silver was at £7 an oz only 6 years ago......and I believe VAT was payable then as well, although the rates around europe were very hit and miss.  

re do your maths my stack stands me at around £16 per ounce and the 2 gold bars were £275 nice try though and the shilling was £12  if it was 40% profit I would have paid around £550  you need to include the gold in the total .hello // don't feel guilty about hijacking threads its commonplace on all silver forums

silver total is around 43 oz plus the 2 x 5 g gold bars plus the shilling  , how do you get 40% profit you need to change the batteries in that Sinclair calculator

re do your maths my stack stands me at around £16 per ounce and the 2 gold bars were £275 nice try though and the shilling was £12  if it was 40% profit I would have paid around £550  you need to include the gold in the total .hello // don't feel guilty about hijacking threads its commonplace on all silver forums

silver total is around 43 oz plus the 2 x 5 g gold bars plus the shilling  , how do you get 40% profit you need to change the batteries in that Sinclair calculator

no danny that's not correct , my recent purchases were all £12 ish per coin when silver was at around £11.50 I offered near spot and the fellow stacker wanted to sell at near spot

Maybe Craig, if you didn't give out conflicting statements where one minute you're buying coins for £12 and the next minute its £16 per ounce, then maybe we'd be able to understand the points you are making. No point boasting you bought coins for £12, when it now appears that you also paid over the odds for the rest of your purchases if the total average is now £16. Its not as though you've got some expensive coins in amongst your collection. All you seem to have is a bunch of generic silver rounds and a handful of your run of the mill bottom of the price range bullion. You really need to make your mind up......! 

you never asked the average , some cost £12 some cost £17  if your busy reading all my posts you should have read my average oz post   all stg sell is generic at £15 don't see ya complaining about them  and the above statement says  my recent purchases were £12 it dosent say all my purchases

Not gonna bother getting into an argument with you craig, But I'm not surprised you are getting out of PM investing, most of the helpful posts made by others on this forum seem to go way over your head. But hey good luck in whatever you do in the future.  :)

But I think this thread should get back on topic, and not get filled up with the unhelpful ramblings of the last hour or so. I'm sure Danny or any of the other mods can clean this thread up when they get a chance.  ;)

I think this thread can stay as it is, to give "starting stackers" an idea of the people you meet whilst indulging in this obsession some of us have.

I do often wonder why any thread involving Craig12 ends in an argument.

Stacker since 2013

you know danny I say it how it is , if only we all did this ,  the facts are in front of some of you , that in another thread that my stack is nearly as cheap as stg and less than klacys, and yet it is perceived to be a rip off

I do wonder sometimes

there'll be too many to clean up as most end up on about numis anyway no one is allowed to say what they think ,

What do you mean you are not allowed to say what you think?

Have you had posts deleted preventing you from putting forward your point of view?

Just because people disagree with you, does not mean that you are "not allowed" to say what you think.

Stacker since 2013

I talk about pm,s as I see it , offering spot , to people , having a reply if I don't agree , and someone will always come on to say they don't like the response , indeed I have said this evening I have 43 oz of silver 2 x gold 5 g bars, and a silver shilling in the buy sell section and someone tells me im making 40% in a few months , as far as I know im either braking even or made a tiny amount, so naturally im going to reply

Archived