• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1996 kilo kook proof set

All those 1kg proof sets must be costing some £££££. Do they come in a fancy case and are you going for a full date run?

All those 1kg proof sets must be costing some £££££. Do they come in a fancy case and are you going for a full date run?

Yes they do come in a nice case MZ and no I'm not going for a full date run,I was inspired to get a couple of kilo coins by that nice kilo rooster you showed on here.I am however going for a full date run of the 10oz proof kooks,I've got 8 so far 1991-1998 :D

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Jason1977, are those pics of the actual bar you bought. Or pics you found online. Because if the later then it's cheating as you haven't received them yet :lol:

Not sure if that is the actual one, but one of the Northwest territorial mint geo- hammer ones is in this picture as well as the OPM bar.post-192-0-41924000-1406368373_thumb.jpg

I know, I guess I just get excited. I've got my 1st 2 coins on the way, going to stack eagles. Bought 3 US Mint rolls to keep them in. I figure when all 3 rolls are full, at this price, it'll be about time to trade them in for a gold eagle or a 1 oz APMEX bar.

Being my 1st few weeks of getting silver, I've sort of been getting a little bit of everything. These 4 came in yesterday's mail:post-192-0-30184800-1406370749_thumb.jpg

These 2 came in today's mail:

post-192-0-88411300-1406370882_thumb.jpg

Someone was asking about 2 bars earlier saying that it's cheating to post before they've arrived, so here they are:

post-192-0-75004000-1406371105_thumb.jpg

Edited by jason1977

If I'm thinking of the same coin, Atkinsons have them for just under £50 at present - If anything that will bring MB's average down a touch

Don't forget the VAT.  Is very misleading because it only gets added at basket.

Edited by morezone

motorbikez average price per ounce has now hit the £100 an oz mark........ :D

Nice coin though....

You taking da p-ss HT :lol:  my average for this year is £48.96, this roo delivered £54.50 so this coin hasn't even put a dent in my average one way or the other well maybe its up a penny I can't be bothered to work it out.

Re Atkinsons  SS £59.94 inc Vat.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Got my ringed capsules today and I gotta say, huge improvement.

Much prefer it to the properly sized capsules.

Ares where did you get those ringed capsules from, I'm after some myself soon.

And whose head did you place that coin on before taking the picture, that's some mad braiding.

I disagree, that page clearly shows the with and without VAT price.

Not misleading at all.

Yes, that bit is true but the way they display the price is different to their norm.

Quantity Each

exc. VAT Each

inc. VAT Total 

exc. VAT Total inc. VAT 1+ £39.89 £47.87 £39.89 £47.87

This is how we see it in the bullion section where it has a VAT breakdown.  But for the collector coins, they have 2 types of display.  1 showing the price where it mentions the VAT above the qty and pricing.

Price From exc. VAT: £199.95Price From inc. VAT: £239.94

Quantity Each Total 1+ £199.95 £199.95

And then you have this one for used stuff which is VAT exempt.

Price From: £24.95

Quantity Each Total 1+ £24.95 £24.95

The way I look at it is that although it does state the ex and inc VAT above the price, the price is ex VAT yet on other stuff it breaks it down to show the ex VAT, VAT and inc VAT within the price.  There shouldn't be this inconsistency.  If it has VAT, they should all be listed the same way to prevent any misreading or confusion.

ignore me, just Googled "ringed capsules" and Silver Forum's thread from 6 days ago was result no. 2!

Yeah, coingallery ;)

Got them and some 41mm caps, fitted my ASE, Libertad & MTT. The latter pair hadn't been capsulated for months.

3 years too late but got one for the geekness.  The only other coin that I might get from this series is the Stormtrooper.

Actually you might be getting it at the right time. when the next trilogy starts hitting the cinemas in a few years time anything with star wars on it will rocket in price.