• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Whats your fav silver coins

4 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Are there others?

😮🤣you tease. You should show us all your collection 🤔

New coins - I like Perth Mint, Chinese Zodiac.

Old silver - I like Eagles, I collect those which have been made into brooches or pendants Some of the reverse cut are lovely, the thought of an old timer with a tiny file is so evocative.

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

The Viva Lavida series from Mr Es house of coins in the states @LiquidMetalsUK. I have 2 if the 4 in the set. Always keeping an eye out for the other 2.Absolutely stunning coins. Apologies for the poor pix, i had to grab from the Internet as mine are hidden away. Will try and get some better shots at the weekend.

Screenshot_20240417_201647_SamsungInternet.jpg.3f9bd981e7fe0123c713e7adbab826cc.jpgScreenshot_20240417_201503_SamsungInternet.jpg.02b6ed6e7688a47e34c773ba76a5dfff.jpg

Edited by AaaGee

3 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

The Viva Lavida series from Mr Es house of coins in the states. I have 2 if the 4 in the set. Always keeping an eye out for the other 2.Absolutely stunning coins. Apologies for the poor pix, i had to grab from the Internet as mine are hidden away. Will try and get some better shots at the weekend.

Screenshot_20240417_201647_SamsungInternet.jpg.3f9bd981e7fe0123c713e7adbab826cc.jpgScreenshot_20240417_201503_SamsungInternet.jpg.02b6ed6e7688a47e34c773ba76a5dfff.jpg

These are belters. 

38 minutes ago, Pm1987 said:

These are belters. 

Thanks. 👍

I bought the 2 i have from here. All 4 were for sale. Should have snapped them up.

Edited by AaaGee

1 minute ago, Stuntman said:

I've posted thes photos before, but here are some of my favourite UK predecimal coin designs (florins and halfcrowns, and then some early milled shillings) .  I think the various George IV and William IV halfcrown designs are well worth adding to your list above 🙂

_20210421_190635.JPG

_20210421_190955.JPG

_20210421_193149.JPG

Indeed they are…I was just generalising those 3 monarchs, beautiful designs.

5 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

I've posted these photos before, but here are some of my favourite UK predecimal coin designs (florins and halfcrowns, and then some early milled shillings) .  I think the various George IV and William IV halfcrown designs are well worth adding to your list above 🙂

_20210421_190635.JPG

_20210421_190955.JPG

_20210421_193149.JPG

The reverse of that 1900 florin is an absolutely beautiful design….they all are.

Just now, Stuntman said:

I repatriated that coin from an online coin dealer based in New Zealand!  It has lovely toning and is another one of my very favourites.  The obverse is nice too 🙂

N Florin 1900.jpg

An absolute stunner 😍

1 minute ago, Stuntman said:

I repatriated that coin from an online coin dealer based in New Zealand!  It has lovely toning and is another one of my very favourites.  The obverse is nice too 🙂

N Florin 1900.jpg

There was a 1905 shilling with thee most beautiful toning on eBay for months on end it being very scarce and pricey on its own was priced at £1600 ish just because the toning was unbelievable…it eventually sold.

Wow!  That Baldwin's coin is lovely, so if the other one was even better and on sale at a lower price...

But as you probably know, 1905 shillings are sometimes faked, so you'd probably want the reassurance of buying such a coin from a reputable dealer.

I have a much lower grade example but I'm still absolutely pleased to own it (and picked it up for a relatively good price):

M Shilling 1905.jpg

Edited by Stuntman

11 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Wow!  That Baldwin's coin is lovely, so if the other one was even better and on sale at a lower price...

But as you probably know, 1905 shillings are sometimes faked, so you'd probably want the reassurance of buying such a coin from a reputable dealer.

I have a much lower grade example but I'm still absolutely pleased to own it (and picked it up for a relatively good price):

M Shilling 1905.jpg

Yeah they’re faked all the time.

Your one sells for between £60-£100 am I about right???

2 hours ago, AaaGee said:

The Viva Lavida series from Mr Es house of coins in the states @LiquidMetalsUK. I have 2 if the 4 in the set. Always keeping an eye out for the other 2.Absolutely stunning coins. Apologies for the poor pix, i had to grab from the Internet as mine are hidden away. Will try and get some better shots at the weekend.

Think I have the other 2 on my website