• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Lunar Year of the Dragon 1oz silver coin

I bought a couple of these coins recently and just received them.  I think they look pretty amazing in person.  Photos of them on the net don't really do them justice. 

spacer.png

The background is actually a light frosting texture.  The scales on the dragon are shiny like mirrors and really pop.

1 hour ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

@Johnboysilver is doing these for £28, he has several other items available AFAIK. I haven't seen them lower than £28

Perth Mint are premium quality, in my opinion, hence the high price, I can't wait to receive the 1oz Kookaburra's 2024 on Monday...

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

6 hours ago, pmbug said:

I bought a couple of these coins recently and just received them.  I think they look pretty amazing in person.  Photos of them on the net don't really do them justice. 

spacer.png

The background is actually a light frosting texture.  The scales on the dragon are shiny like mirrors and really pop.

yeah thats a stunner. I just put in an order and considered them but i bought a load of these instead

s-l1600 (12).jpg

20 hours ago, pmbug said:

spacer.png

Here's a photo I took that shows the lustre a bit better.  This used a flattened light source, but I put a little strip of black paper in front to produce some contrast that reflects in the device.

image.thumb.jpeg.776bb1e0c4dc569e6f809cbae3d3769f.jpeg

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

I was surprised the 2024 dragon with dragon privy with 30k mintage was cheaper than the regular dragon 24 with 300k mintage?

Are those with privy marks less desirable? Think I managed a pre-order of 20 with the privy mark

Not that it’s quite relevant for this particular release but back in 2012 there was about 15 different variations of the Perth lunar dragon maybe more

2024 I think there is 8 so far!!

Edited by Skelator88

On 02/03/2024 at 07:50, DavidE said:

15 variations wow, I'm missing some from my site. Were they all official? 

There’s a quick snap of 9 of the official coloured 2012s then you have the ANDA coin shows in Melbourne and Brisbane and maybe other cities, then the standard silver,gilt,proof

IMG_7140.thumb.jpeg.fe30ad1aad0a8bce9d98e4cf320ae703.jpeg

• Founder & Administrator

@EyeonHK looks like your photos above didn't embed correctly. Do you want to try adding your post above and re-uploading them? We can then remove this comment :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme