• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

10oz silver bar Is this damage acceptable?

Yep, heard "It's Bullion" dozens of times for dented or milked coins... to which I quite often have to reply exactly... Bullion not scrap 

But damage here isnt too bad and really depends on whether you can live with it and what you paid 

Edited by harrygill111

1 hour ago, Petra said:

🤔does it show when viewed head on?

’bullion’ will be the excuse if you complain 🤔

Yea I can see visibility when I'm looking straight at it, took a picture of this in uv light and it make it alot easier to see the damage area

20240124_015755.thumb.jpg.f96653975f8be53a515d60dbe1bb7e2d.jpg

21 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Yep, heard "It's Bullion" dozens of times for dented or milked coins... to which I quite often have to reply exactly... Bullion not scrap 

But damage here isnt too bad and really depends on whether you can live with it and what you paid 

Lol can't really say I have a choice since I bought it from a dealer instead from the royal mint, also I bought this when it had one left in stock so most likely this was a return from someone else.

Now I'm wondering if it better to get myself a case for this or just leave it in the vyinal wrap. Mostly worry of it milkspotting over time since I don't really trust royal mint quality control.

1 minute ago, jason94151 said:

Mostly worry of it milkspotting over time since I don't really trust royal mint quality control.

As far as I know mate and others will correct me if I am wrong, there is no defense against milk spotting.

5 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

Lol can't really say I have a choice since I bought it from a dealer instead from the royal mint, also I bought this when it had one left in stock so most likely this was a return from someone else.

Now I'm wondering if it better to get myself a case for this or just leave it in the vyinal wrap. Mostly worry of it milkspotting over time since I don't really trust royal mint quality control.

Try sending it back and either replacement, money back or something else to same value🤔

7 minutes ago, artalien said:

As far as I know mate and others will correct me if I am wrong, there is no defense against milk spotting.

I guess I should delay the milk spot as long as possible.

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

Try sending it back and either replacement, money back or something else to same value🤔

Currently sent a complaint to see what can be happen but most likely not going to have a replacement since I bought the last one. If I try getting a refund going to loss money since I gotta pay for shipping and pay a 4% restock fee since I used a credit card.

... for me with growing premiums +VAT means my Silver purchases from a "shop" are more about buying things I like and no longer about the 'Investment' or base value of the metal. 

Prices these days mean high premium bars such at this one cater much more for the the Retail buyer, who won’t understand or care about terms like 'bullion'. They pay higher prices and should get a pristine product. It's not like there is an alternative Proof bar afterall. 

For the modern buyer, certainly for those making a pickup's in the likes of Costco, the experience should be just like buying a TV, its not acceptable to say yeah well its dented, but doesnt matter becuase its a lower end TV. It makes being the middleman retailer aweful, but that is simply the reality with premiums these days and not showing the customer what they will get, instead they are shown a glossy slick looking bar online, but recieve something else. 

That said @jason94151, honestly the damage doesnt look that bad to me. I would be far more annoyed if purchasing in the retail blister - becuase that really is a 'retail product' and not a bullion investment. But like i said, it really depends on what you paid, and what you intend to do with this bar (i.e. display it? etc) 

Edited by harrygill111

58 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

I guess I should delay the milk spot as long as possible

The good news is in two years I have never seen a milk spotted bar or heard of one either. Apparently it is possible but there are no examples I am aware of.

19 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

... for me with growing premiums +VAT means my Silver purchases from a "shop" are more about buying things I like and no longer about the 'Investment' or base value of the metal. 

Prices these days mean high premium bars such at this one cater much more for the the Retail buyer, who won’t understand or care about terms like 'bullion'. They pay higher prices and should get a pristine product. It's not like there is an alternative Proof bar afterall. 

For the modern buyer, certainly for those making a pickup's in the likes of Costco, the experience should be just like buying a TV, its not acceptable to say yeah well its dented, but doesnt matter becuase its a lower end TV. It makes being the middleman retailer aweful, but that is simply the reality with premiums these days and not showing the customer what they will get, instead they are shown a glossy slick looking bar online, but recieve something else. 

That said @jason94151, honestly the damage doesnt look that bad to me. I would be far more annoyed if purchasing in the retail blister - becuase that really is a 'retail product' and not a bullion investment. But like i said, it really depends on what you paid, and what you intend to do with this bar (i.e. display it? etc) 

Yea was planning to found like a case for it and put it for display, I really like the design. Sadly it didn't have a serial number on the bar.

Doesn't look bad to me and in my eyes it is to be expected on bullion but it is disappointing when you're buying some 'higher premium' bullion.

One of the reasons I generally avoid premiums above best value unless I can see the item first like I say is a shame