• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hansons Sovereign Auction

I see Hansons holding a Sovereign only auction this week:

Hanson Ross Single Owner Sovereign Auction (hansonsauctioneers.co.uk)

Plenty of choice but watch out for their fees! Cheapest way to bid is on their own platform but still 31.2% fees on top of the final bid.

Sure this will catch a few out!

4 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

So, max bid on a £400 sov would be ~£305

And that's not including post

Yes that's about what I make it. Fees higher if you use the saleroom thing.

All seem to be bullion grade so that's about there money unless some of the older ones are rarer years.

Prices at these auctions seems to exceed what most people on here would pay.... not sure who buys them 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Darr3nG said:

Imagine the poor fool using them for sales?

£305 hammer price = £53.38 commission + £5 processing + £11.68 VAT = seller ends up with £235 for a bullion sov!!!

And the auction house clear £150 per coin... daylight robbery

Admirable effort in that collection. Not sure what to make of lots 141-144 though.

When you consign that sort of value (311 * GBP380 = GBP118k+) I assume there'd be some sort of negotiating power. At the very least avoid any seller's fees, and maybe get to keep a percentage of the premium, too. 

But true, should've taken them to @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

19 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Admirable effort in that collection. Not sure what to make of lots 141-144 though.

When you consign that sort of value (311 * GBP380 = GBP118k+) I assume there'd be some sort of negotiating power. At the very least avoid any seller's fees, and maybe get to keep a percentage of the premium, too. 

141 to 144 look a little odd for sure....maybe just bad pictures but something not right there. 

4 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

Imagine the poor fool using them for sales?

£305 hammer price = £53.38 commission + £5 processing + £11.68 VAT = seller ends up with £235 for a bullion sov!!!

If you’re selling any at £235 I’ll take them all 🤣🤣😁

Good spot, a few reasonable coins in that lot

Going through them though worth checking the images as they have very much put the best side as the main picture on a couple :) 

Delivery is a little woolly, but I am down the road from their Etwall auction rooms so if I bid I can get them transferred and pick up

Lockdales auction today…. proof sovereigns gone for £360 hammer price … 23.4% commission plus 5.94% on line commission 🤔😮

41 minutes ago, Petra said:

Lockdales auction today…. proof sovereigns gone for £360 hammer price … 23.4% commission plus 5.94% on line commission 🤔😮

Was watching some lots on there and left a couple of bids on the doubles. Prices generally way over the top when you account for commission

15 hours ago, jultorsk said:

'Should've gone to Chards' sounds like an excellent tagline.. I wonder if anyone else has ever thought of something similar.....😃

3 hours ago, Petra said:

If you use easylive software it's just the 23.4% - still a lot IMO.

It's staggering how many people have minimal idea about selling gold, I know 2 cash4gold operators still paying only £1500ish for 999.9 and adjusted down for 9/18/etc ct jewellery - still plenty incoming for those needing cash.

Lockdales travel the country and have open days to lure in sellers, it seems to work but nothing cheap today, my 4 bids were taken out immediately. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

I was wondering why Cadmore have not had an auction this year yet and this morning I got the answer, the guy doing the Lockdales auction is the same guy, as I recognised his voice and mannerism.  If there was a live view, he would have a can of coke at arms length.

Missed out on the 1917c Sovereign at Lockdales

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

7 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I was wondering why Cadmore have not had an auction this year yet and this morning I got the answer, the guy doing the Lockdales auction is the same guy, as I recognised his voice and mannerism.  If there was a live view, he would have a can of coke at arms lenght.

Missed out on the 1917c Sovereign at Lockdales

What did it go for mate?

5 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

What did it go for mate?

£340 plus com, so about £445. These Auction houses tend to charge about £18 postage on top unless you are local and can pickup.  

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 hours ago, Coverte said:

If you use easylive software it's just the 23.4% - still a lot IMO.

It's staggering how many people have minimal idea about selling gold, I know 2 cash4gold operators still paying only £1500ish for 999.9 and adjusted down for 9/18/etc ct jewellery - still plenty incoming for those needing cash.

Lockdales travel the country and have open days to lure in sellers, it seems to work but nothing cheap today, my 4 bids were taken out immediately. 

Didn’t notice if they have an in house selling platform like some as these are virtually free, however, considering that some places are now over 30%🤔not great for buying, but whatever they charge to sell, a nightmare as this has knock on effects on what people will buy at🤔