• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Liquidity: Have 1oz coins had their day?

The sovereign is an obvious example of how many times the bankers/govs have screwed us over.

Worth exactly one GBP 110years ago, 400GBP today.

400x

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

On 09/01/2024 at 16:11, Kitalon said:

It does look like full sovereigns and 1/4oz gold coins have the current 'sweet spot' but I wonder if coins like double sovereigns and 1/2oz Britannias are the new 1oz coins (sic) and would be a better investment in terms of realising your assets a couple of decades down the road. 🤔

People have probably been saying this since the coins were minted and value was going up, yet, 1oz coins are still sold.

Gold go up, wages go up, and who buys gold often does not work at McDonald flipping burgers.

17 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

People have probably been saying this since the coins were minted and value was going up, yet, 1oz coins are still sold.

Gold go up, wages go up, and who buys gold often does not work at McDonald flipping burgers.

No they own the Franchise 

2 oz is super expensive.

1 oz is too big.

1/2 oz is unpopular.

1/4 oz is too high premium.

1/10 oz has small image.

1/20 oz is too small.

2 oz has nice big image.

1 oz is popular and has nice premium.

1/2 oz also has nice premium.

1/4 oz is a nice size and affordable.

1/10 oz is very collectable.

1 minute ago, RoughDog said:

2 oz is super expensive.

1 oz is too big.

1/2 oz is unpopular.

1/10 oz has small image.

1/20 oz is too small.

2 oz has nice big image.

You having an argument with yourself?  🤣 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

2 oz is super expensive.

1 oz is too big.

1/2 oz is unpopular.

1/10 oz has small image.

1/20 oz is too small.

2 oz has nice big image.

I agree. Bars are the new coins, speaking of which...   .      .😅😅😅😅😅😅

here is my view ,  if you buy from your wages , and scrim and save to buy it then its  value is the same as cash , - if you through it in your sock drawer , and forget about it for x amount of years , or pass it on to relatives then yes , a ounce is fine - ( as you all know my wisdom of metals is well known )

adding to that ,   i would say the only way to turn a profit at the scrap game is , to buy a lot  , as in a lot , and wait , as in years , so the longer you have been doing it ,and bought in bulk , years ago , and keep on buying in bulk   the better the profit ,   " now dont laugh 😀 you cunxts , that is how i would have done it -😀, and id be bankrupt a second time -

mando 3.jpg

Just now, treetop1280 said:

adding to that ,   i would say the only way to turn a profit at the scrap game is , to buy a lot  , as in a lot , and wait , as in years , so the longer you have been doing it ,and bought in bulk , years ago , and keep on buying in bulk   the better the profit ,   " now dont laugh 😀 you cunxts , that is how i would have done it -😀, and id be bankrupt a second time -

mando 3.jpg

You actually hit the nail on the head. As the old saying goes..a broken clock is right twice a day.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Kitalon said:

image.thumb.png.f063efdaa1db795f4404c47250d75e3b.png

dont man ????, ill break like a cheap chinese toy ,   im not allowed to buy star wars coins  in yellow ,  fenlander and james 32 keeps on shouting at me  me not to do ???? , however f them to nerds , ill buy the lot , ill take 500😀

mando 3.jpg

2 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

This is right

Buying gold is freezing the value of cash. In the future you can defrost the cash and buy the same things now as you could then

The utilities including broadband and phones put in the small print that the price of your contract will increase by the RPI or Base Rate PLUS 3.9% 

Gold is like your subscription charges except in a good way. Instead of paying inflation +3.9%, you receive inflation + 5.99% (1971-2022) in USD

Gold might be expensive today (near All-time highs) but it hasn't beaten inflation in the last 10 years. Gold started beating inflation again in the UK in 2023

The total return for gold in 2023 was 8.7% in GBP. In USD it was 14.6%

Screenshot2024-01-16184220.thumb.png.c76ec4b4cb56d9be1d2e0218844edfcc.png

Screenshot2024-01-16184344.thumb.png.50b4d9ceefef17154dc2046d09692902.png

Gold is under-priced. A fairly conservative projection is that gold will do the same in 2024 as it did in 2023 - up 10% or more in most major currencies to leave gold around $2300/£1775

In general, when gold goes up the premium on physical gold as a % of the intrinsic value goes down. If you want to compound returns over several years then any CGT-exempt gold at low premium like 1oz Brits or sovs are great investments. If you have higher frequency sales or shorter horizons then smaller gold is the optimal solution

*TL:DR - No, 1oz coins have not had their day, there is a place for them in your stack

very impressive  honest money gold,      i get the jist , good man