• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

withdrawn 10g Gold Bar - Perth Mint

1 hour ago, Blinny said:

Cheers guys, I got it off a friend last year, he says he got it off eBay from Italy. I'm taking it into a couple places tomorrow to get checked out. I'll update this post and let you all know!

I'd just open and weigh, jewelers will likely do it anyway. If its not 10g then you will know its a dud. You will loose £10-£15 if real..but have peace of mind.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 hours ago, James32 said:

I'd just open and weigh, jewelers will likely do it anyway. If its not 10g then you will know its a dud. You will loose £10-£15 if real..but have peace of mind.

I found my scales! I weighed it in the card an it's 17.2g which seems a bit heavy. I just messaged my friend to see if it's ok to break it out the card because he was guna refund me and try an get his money back from eBay if it's fake but it's more than 12months ago

PXL_20240106_145616599.MP.jpg

4 minutes ago, Blinny said:

I found my scales! I weighed it in the card an it's 17.2g which seems a bit heavy. I just messaged my friend to see if it's ok to break it out the card because he was guna refund me and try an get his money back from eBay if it's fake but it's more than 12months ago

Ebay won't do anything, seller is long gone with money unfortunately. Break it open and weigh, my guess is underweight/overweight most likely. 

Edited by James32

2 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

Great spot originally James. Be good to do a thickness measure after the weight check. That bar looks twice as thick as it should

Yes my concerns exactly.

8 minutes ago, Blinny said:

I’d leave it intact and get your jeweller to use an XRF on it first.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

Ebay won't do anything, seller is long gone with money unfortunately. Break it open and weigh, my guess is underweight/overweight most likely. 

No, don’t open it contact the seller it’s a legally binding contract inform the seller of this.

eBay won’t intervene but contact the seller.

If you open it he’ll say you’ve swapped it out.

The bar is numbered it proves it’s the same one.

Edited by Sovhead