• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello people! I’m new!!

14 minutes ago, monkey said:

Welcome @Shizenhowzunn to TSF!

This is a grand place to learn the trade and feel the ebb and flow of the precious metals world.

Hope you enjoy exploring the forum and make this place a home!

I look forward to it to be honest.

i like it already,

knowing there is someone to talk to and give my missis ears a rest! Lol

2 minutes ago, Shizenhowzunn said:

It seems my next thing to do is get a proper membership? What will be different to someone new please people?

Main thing is to see all sales immediately they up and will be able to buy before the best deals go.

7 minutes ago, Shizenhowzunn said:

It seems my next thing to do is get a proper membership? What will be different to someone new please people?

this is a link to membership tiers. As @Petra states you will get instant access to the buy & sell thread. other then that the different levels of membership get different perks.

https://www.thesilverforum.com/store/category/2-premium-membership/

1 minute ago, Shizenhowzunn said:

Petra, 

ok that sounds good and what I need.

how many sales roughly go on per day?

How longs a bit of string!😮 can vary wildly. If you mention someone, use the @ and put their name and it will alert them to a topic where they have been mentioned 👍 @Shizenhowzunn!

14 minutes ago, Shizenhowzunn said:

Petra, 

ok that sounds good and what I need.

how many sales roughly go on per day?

Anything from 10 to 30 sales a day ( some of these sales can have 100s of coins available though) whether it be silver or gold you're after, a membership will pay for itself each month in money saved compared to ebay/dealers. Read any sellers feedback with a fine tooth comb before purchasing and don't be afraid to ask questions to make yourself comfortable. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Anything from 10 to 30 sales a day ( some of these sales can have 100s of coins available though) whether it be silver or gold you're after, a membership will pay for itself each month in money saved compared to ebay/dealers. Read any sellers feedback with a fine tooth comb before purchasing and don't be afraid to ask questions to make yourself comfortable. 

Thanks very kind sir @james32

Have you any opinion or advice on links people send and things I should be wary of?? 

Just now, Shizenhowzunn said:

Thanks very kind sir @james32

Have you any opinion or advice on links people send and things I should be wary of?? 

Step 1) get a membership, otherwise it takes three days to see new sales and as you can imagine ( all the good stuff is long gone)

Step 2) get involved with discussions, never be afraid to ask questions ( there's no such thing as a stupid question- only ignorant answers 😉 but it's a very good crowd on here)

Step 3) if making a purchase, read the sellers feedback, don't be afraid to ask them pertinent questions to put yourself at ease, if they don't respond in a helpful manner... don't proceed with deal. If they don't have time for you at the outset, will they have time for you if a problem arises?)

Step 4 which could really be Step 1  tbh, try and come up with a plan of action, what are you buying, why are you buying, set a monthly budget and try to adhere to it. Otherwise you could end up in a financial hole. Also since in UK, try and stick largely to capital gains free coins ( basically any silver or gold from the Royal mint, but purchased on here)

Step 5) isn't really a step but if your ever unsure of anything just ask as there's many intelligent brains on here from all walks of life, and plenty of answers waiting.

Enjoy the journey. 

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Step 1) get a membership, otherwise it takes three days to see new sales and as you can imagine ( all the good stuff is long gone)

Step 2) get involved with discussions, never be afraid to ask questions ( there's no such thing as a stupid question- only ignorant answers 😉 but it's a very good crowd on here)

Step 3) if making a purchase, read the sellers feedback, don't be afraid to ask them pertinent questions to put yourself at ease, if they don't respond in a helpful manner... don't proceed with deal. If they don't have time for you at the outset, will they have time for you if a problem arises?)

Step 4 which could really be Step 1  tbh, try and come up with a plan of action, what are you buying, why are you buying, set a monthly budget and try to adhere to it. Otherwise you could end up in a financial hole. Also since in UK, try and stick largely to capital gains free coins ( basically any silver or gold from the Royal mint, but purchased on here)

Step 5) isn't really a step but if your ever unsure of anything just ask as there's many intelligent brains on here from all walks of life, and plenty of answers waiting.

Enjoy the journey. 

Now that is great advice thanks @James32

one more thing if you could be so kind…silver, gold or platinum membership? I want to buy gold and silver on a monthly basis and not in massive quantities.

1 minute ago, Shizenhowzunn said:

Now that is great advice thanks @James32

one more thing if you could be so kind…silver, gold or platinum membership? I want to buy gold and silver on a monthly basis and not in massive quantities.

Silver will suit you fine to begin with. Will give you access to everything that's needed for your journey.