• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Sovereign Testing Gauge £15 posted

• Founder & Administrator

I have only just seen this, and conversed with @Spyder

I have conveyed some of the reasons why these rules need to exist, and @Spyder has been understanding. In the interest of fairness I have decided to allow this particular draw to continue but have asked @Spyder to follow the rules in regards to listing draws / raffles / competitions moving forward, and @Spyder has agreed. 

I am posting the forum rules here so that others are also aware on the rules regarding raffles. In particular this rule:

9.5. Competitions/prize draws posted by members must be solely free entry competitions/prize draws. Competitions/prize draws such as “subscribe to my YouTube channel for a chance to win” and other similar topics are allowed. Members should post their topic in the correct section and it will be automatically sent for approval before going live.

9. Competitions & Prize Draws

9.1. Members wishing to post competitions/prize draws on TSF can post competitions/prize draws but will be subject to automatic moderator approval before the topic will show as ‘live’. We will then contact you if we need any further information or approve the competition if all is acceptable. 

9.2. All such topics must be posted in this section of TSF: https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/34-prize-draws-competitions/.

9.3. Topics incorrectly posted in the wrong TSF section will be removed for moderation and the posted where the terms and conditions have been met.

9.4. TSF does not allow members to sell tickets for competitions or to financially gain from competitions. Whether directly or indirectly, selling items and then giving members a free ticket to enter a competition/prize draw is also a breach of these terms and conditions. 

9.5. Competitions/prize draws posted by members must be solely free entry competitions/prize draws. Competitions/prize draws such as “subscribe to my YouTube channel for a chance to win” and other similar topics are allowed. Members should post their topic in the correct section and it will be automatically sent for approval before going live.

9.6. TSF runs Prize Draws that can be seen here: https://www.thesilverforum.com/raffles/.

9.7. There are a number of different categories for TSF Prize Draws as follows: Prize Draws open to ALL Member Groups, Premium Member Prize Draws; and occasional Prize Draws for Selected Member Groups. As per section 5.1.3 of these Terms and Conditions, Premium Membership comes with a range of benefits of which entering prize draws is not a listed benefit, as there is no guarantee that these draws may take place regularly or at all, as per section 9.7.2. The benefits of membership are specifically relevant to those set out in 5.1.3 and expectations should be accordingly managed in terms of the additional benefit brought by entry into a Prize Draw which may or may not be regularly drawn and which the odds of winning are significantly low; especially when balancing the overall costs of membership with the value of the prizes on offer.

9.7.1. Prize Draws open to ALL Member Groups: These prize draws are prize draws that are run for all members, they are open to all member groups whether standard free forum members, or paying members. These prize draws in this section may be sponsored by a third party or sponsored by TSF. 

9.7.2. Premium Member Prize Draws: These are the draws for Premium Members and are a specific thank you to premium members. These Prize Draws can stop at any time and as such should not be seen as a specific benefit to holding Premium Membership given that the Prize Draw is not guaranteed to take place regularly, or at all.

9.7.3. Prize Draws for Selected Member Groups: These prize draws are additional prize draws that are run in addition to the premium member prize draws. These prize draws in this section may be sponsored by a third party or sponsored by TSF, each prize draw will state which member groups it is open to.

9.7.4. Prize Draws have to be actively entered by following the Prize Draw guidance. Applications to enter the Prize Draws are not automatic regardless of membership level. If a member does not enter the draw their name will not be included in the draw.

9.7.5. All Prize Draws are randomly selected. This is a process which produces verifiably random results. The draw ‘event’ is recorded, but not published, but can be made available on demand if requested. The names of winners are published following the conclusion of the Prize Draw which is officiated by the administrator.

9.8. Any giveaway/prize draw that is sponsored by a 3rd party is the responsibility of the 3rd party to send to the winner. TSF cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of prize(s) during shipping or failure of the sponsor to send the prize(s), or for incorrect prizes being sent. Neither TSF nor the 3rd party are responsible for any taxes, import duties or similar taxes and charges that may be applied by your country for receiving an International delivery of precious metals as a result of winning a Prize Draw. This is applicable to all prize draws. 

9.9. TSF is promoted widely in order to enlarge membership. Premium Membership carries clear benefits, including those benefits as set out at section 5.1.3 of these Terms and Conditions. This ensures that (as per section 5.1.6.) TSF can continue to run the forum as well as grow TSF and the wider TSF community. The larger the community is, the more great and helpful knowledge is shared and the more trade deals are available. 

9.10. TSF accept responsibility for all aspects and stages of the Prize Draws. TSF conducts each and every Prize Draw, whether open to all membership or not, equitably, promptly and efficiently. Expectations are appropriately and carefully managed by TSF in all descriptions in all Prize Draws.

9.11. TSF does not, and will never, encourage any member to make a purchase or series of purchases as a precondition for entering any Prize Draw. 

9.12. TSF administers all Prize Draws ensuring that clear participation rules are widely available, that all free Prize Draws are made clear and that the start and end date for all draws are published.

This is a statement and not invitation for discussion. I have now unlocked this topic. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Good evening 

This will probably my very last competition so here goes and good luck to the 11 members who have a chance to win the above 3d Printed Sovereign Scale. 

The question is simple and it involves a bit knowledge and plenty of luck. 

Tomorrow there will be 8 Premier League Football matches played. See photo. 

The member who guesses closest to how many goals will be scored in all the 8 matches will win. Above or below. If there is a tie than I will ask those another question.

To make it more interesting, if someone guesses spot on 100% correct, they will also win 1oz silver coin.

For those who are not into football, to help you out ,on

2nd Sept there were 6 matches played and 26 goals. 

16th Sept there were 7 matches played and 21 goals,

23rd Sept there were 5 matches played and 9 goals.

All entries to be posted here before 12 noon Saturday 30th September. The winner will be known by 7pm that evening.

Please do not edit your prediction as it will not be fair to others.

Sat Matches.jpg

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

Oh I don’t know - 17😎

I have only really seen two football matches in my life, one was ‘the hand of God’ the other was the Southgate penalty rubbish🤣🤣

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

Entry is officially closed.

Two missed out so everyone's odds got slightly better. 

Good luck those who entered. Will check before Liverpool's match tonight to see who is still in with the chance to win.

@Petra well you still have 5 goals left to beat any of us. I mean a result of 18 or below is in your favor and a result of 19 ties you with @WizardOfSov, cause the distance from 19 to 16 and 22 is the same.

I actually think how things are going you two have the most chance :D 

Edited by Paw

3 minutes ago, Paw said:

@Petra well you still have 5 goals left to beat any of us. I mean a result of 18 or below is in your favor and a result of 19 ties you with @WizardOfSov, cause the distance from 19 to 16 and 22 is the same.

I actually think how things are going you two have the most chance :D 

🤔😮🫣

Ok so it is a goal fest today.  Let me update the table

@Petra 16

@Aldebaran 17 

@Divmad 19

@WizardOfSov 22

@PipSqueak 22

@Tav 23

@Paw 24

@Nick69 25

@Arne 28

@Lyonheir 29

after 7 matches played goals are 22.  Three are out of the running with the others still in with chance. This is a little like ''It's a knockout''