• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Which KCIII 1oz gold to invest in?

bobski

I’m trying to decide which 1oz to invest in. The cypher at £1568 delivered or the Royal Arms for around £15 less. Which do people think will be more sought after in 5 or 10 years? I believe the cypher has a mintage of 7500 and the arms has a mintage of 5000. 

or would a QEII be more desirable?

what are peoples opinions?

Bob

Edited by bobski

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

2 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Both good choices, my heart would say the RA but head the Cypher, one year only coin 🤷‍♂️

I think the cypher too, purely for that reason. Seems like a good investment in the long run 

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

4 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

Strangely that one is more expensive. Not sure why 🤔🤔

Well I can say all three came up for sale this week at a dealer in aus.  The only one I wanted (and the only one that sold out before I got there) was the gold cypher. 
when I say this week I mean yesterday 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

A QEII Brit was an option but everyone wants too much for them at the moment. The KCIII Britannia doesn’t excite me at all for some reason. If I was going fornlowest premium I’d just get a krugerrand for £1495 delivered 

30 minutes ago, bobski said:

A QEII Brit was an option but everyone wants too much for them at the moment. The KCIII Britannia doesn’t excite me at all for some reason. If I was going fornlowest premium I’d just get a krugerrand for £1495 delivered 

Brits capital gains free💖💪

44 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

Brits capital gains free💖💪

I have declared my house as an independent country, and thus not subject to these taxes you speak of

2 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Can I just apply for a passport and citizenship?

Of course. You’ll need to send me your current passport, birth certificate, driving licence, bank details and mother’s maiden name. 

2 hours ago, bobski said:

Everyone is wanting too much for everything atm

Aaaahhh😉

7 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Can I just apply for a passport and citizenship?

Don’t, they make  you buy Taylor swift tickets just to inflate demand 

Aaaahhh😉

6 hours ago, Orpster said:

Both good choices, my heart would say the RA but head the Cypher, one year only coin 🤷‍♂️

This (Cypher)

- based on the 75k mintage numbers at least - but I should point out its just as ugly in hand as the images suggest!!

Later thought - given the absurd # of proofs of all sorts from RM this year, I can't see many gaining value for at least a decade,

unless something very unexpected happens, with a rising tide lifting all boats and all coins rise, which is probably now around 6 months away IMHO.

Edited by Coverte

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

4 hours ago, Coverte said:

a rising tide lifting all boats

That's not what happened to my boat! All other boats lifted but mine, and it had all my metals on board too 😢

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

The one year only cypher tops my list, I have the 1/4 Oz version & am currently aiming to get the 1 Oz shortly, Tavex & Chards have this coin on offer at the moment & with the price of gold being where it is I am getting close to pulling the trigger, fingers crossed for a further dip next week 😁