• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed KCIII Silver Brittanias for sale

As a number of the senior members have already vouched for the integrity of Dave, with feedback having been received and delivery made, I consider that Dave should now insist upon payment before delivery as per normal transactions. It seems to me that too many have got onto the bandwagon on insisting upon delivery before payment. 

This nonsense about inadequate feedback score doesn't apply in this case.

Let's all play fairly and pay upfront. 

Edited by neil100
Confusion with another seller.

2 hours ago, neil100 said:

As a number of the senior members have already vouched for the integrity of Dave, with feedback having been received and delivery made, I consider that Dave should now insist upon payment before delivery as per normal transactions. It seems to me that too many have got onto the bandwagon on insisting upon delivery before payment. 

It should be clearly understood that Dave is using his Sister, who is based in the UK, to package items and post at her local Post Office. Payments are made to a business account held at UK bank. 

In my case, less than 24 hours between initially communicating with him (just before and just after midnight his time in Australia) confirming that payment made of £1,700+ UP FRONT, to the receipt of an image of the Proof of Posting bearing the tracking number of the SD package. Package expected tomorrow. 

But what you fail to say is that he agreed to do payment on delivery.( put my order in on the 8 july 2023) still waiting for my order ( received jack) . just glad i never paid up front

Edited by gji25
info

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

32 minutes ago, gji25 said:

But what you fail to say is that he agreed to do payment on delivery.( put my order in on the 8 july 2023) still waiting for my order .

Also Dave has always told me that he is UK based in all of our numerous conversations

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

On 08/07/2023 at 16:05, Bearest78 said:

i have more quantity available, although i sell elsewhere too. once i have run out, i will update here. for now, i can still accept orders. i am happy to first post item and receipt payment afterwards to members with good/substantial feedback, until i build mine up

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

28 minutes ago, gji25 said:

i messaged you this on Wednesday - "hi, yes i am, i have received so many orders which have been paid for so i am shipping those out before, please bare with me, thank you "   and to a few other members who placed orders without paying.   i have to fuflil paid orders before yours, they are a priority to me , the deal still stands as I said with the same pricing , i should be looking at shipping today or latest Saturday , thank you.

7 hours ago, neil100 said:

It should be clearly understood that Dave is using his Sister, who is based in the UK, to package items and post at her local Post Office. Payments are made to a business account held at UK bank. 

In my case, less than 24 hours between initially communicating with him (just before and just after midnight his time in Australia) confirming that payment made of £1,700+ UP FRONT, to the receipt of an image of the Proof of Posting bearing the tracking number of the SD package. Package expected tomorrow. 

I am, of course, happy to pay up front, but am waiting for a response from the Bear, and instructions on how to actually pay. Being a newby I am still finding my way through this process.

I'd agree with some of this.  It's always an issue when you are new and trying to prove yourself by building up your trading feedback.  Bit if a chicken-and-egg situation.  It goes for both the new buyer (if i pay will i get my purchase?) and the new seller (not a site i've used before and is it legit? - are the people real?) etc.  Remember even if everything is legit there is still the logistic issue of getting goods from point a to point b and how quick this will take.

I've traded with Bearest and was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was for the goods to arrive.

1 hour ago, Gordy said:

agreed, and of course established members with numerous feedback is understandable but members with little or no feedback should be paying up front until they themselves get established.

works both ways for new members

I agree with all comments about profile (and trust) development, and as mentioned, I am happy to pay up front. My question is; am I waiting for the x2 tubes of 25 coins or not? Its 24 hours, and although I appreciate everyone is busy or on different time zones, I'm not clear if my request is accepted or not. Is this normal in the world of buying precious metals, or because there are different time zones in play? I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to spend some money and increase my collection. Thats all. Thanks folks.

CORRECTION TO MY EARLIER POST

My sincere apologies for the content of my earlier post and the confusion it may have caused. It should be noted that I had become confused between Dave and his namesake, David Wood (profile name: Agaupl) from whom I had purchased some 1oz Little John's the day before. Premature senile dementia is kicking in!!!

Please note that Dave, the seller on this thread, is based in the UK. Funds are paid into a UK based bank business account. I do not know of the procedures and methods he adopts for posting.  

I note the chicken and egg argument and would not presume to dictate what payment terms any member should use or agree with another member.

To prevent further confusion I will edit incorrect sections of my previous post. 

6 minutes ago, Hughesaman said:

I'm not clear if my request is accepted or not. Is this normal in the world of buying precious metals, or because there are different time zones in play? I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to spend some money and increase my collection. Thats all. Thanks folks.

To be fair this is not usual for sales on the forum. Normally sales are conducted swiftly waiting 24hrs for confirmation is not acceptable IMHO.

This post has become very messy due the confusion caused, 

9 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

To be fair this is not usual for sales on the forum. Normally sales are conducted swiftly waiting 24hrs for confirmation is not acceptable IMHO.

This post has become very messy due the confusion caused, 

He probably sold/promised more than he has in stock and is now waiting for delivery to fulfil all orders.

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

20 minutes ago, Hughesaman said:

I agree with all comments about profile (and trust) development, and as mentioned, I am happy to pay up front. My question is; am I waiting for the x2 tubes of 25 coins or not? Its 24 hours, and although I appreciate everyone is busy or on different time zones, I'm not clear if my request is accepted or not. Is this normal in the world of buying precious metals, or because there are different time zones in play? I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to spend some money and increase my collection. Thats all. Thanks folks.

It’s not usual in honesty. That said, I’ve had a very smooth transaction with Dave and am pleased with the outcome. I’d suggest, given his confirmations to people earlier in the posting, if he’s not commented then it’s likely you’ve not been allocated the tubes. Especially now the post has been marked as ‘completed’ suggesting there is no stock remaining. Am sure he’ll be back with new items for sale in due course 👍🏼

47 minutes ago, Hughesaman said:

Great, thanks for the explanations. I just didn't know where I stnd, thats all. I do not want to commit money to a different sale if this one is still live you see. Nothing worse than 'blotting your copybook' on your very first foray into purchasing. I'll hang on 24 more hours to see if I hear anything from the Bearest then consider withdrawal. 

Yep, i think whilst you're chatting/discussing a trade it's still at a stage whether either party can walk away.  It's only once something has been agreed and you've changed information via private-messaging (and even then only once an agreement to pay or payment has been made) that there is a commitment.

You'll see some stuff - especially BYB's sales - that pop up on the forum but are all sold before you can react.

1 hour ago, RavenMcB73 said:

Yep, i think whilst you're chatting/discussing a trade it's still at a stage whether either party can walk away.  It's only once something has been agreed and you've changed information via private-messaging (and even then only once an agreement to pay or payment has been made) that there is a commitment.

You'll see some stuff - especially BYB's sales - that pop up on the forum but are all sold before you can react.

Thanks. Yes, I have been told by the guy who introduced me to this forum, an old friend - HerefordBulluon - that some sales are really good bargains, so you have to be quick. I work from home so check regularly, but am frequently beaten to the drop. :)

2 hours ago, Hughesaman said:

Great, thanks for the explanations. I just didn't know where I stnd, thats all. I do not want to commit money to a different sale if this one is still live you see. Nothing worse than 'blotting your copybook' on your very first foray into purchasing. I'll hang on 24 more hours to see if I hear anything from the Bearest then consider withdrawal. 

Fully understandable, it's frustrating waiting, a reply is important and you can always check when they have been last online to gauge how active they are.

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Just now, Gordy said:

Fully understandable, it's frustrating waiting, a reply is important and you can always check when they have been last online to gauge how active they are.

Cheers Gordy - all new and informative advice. I wasn't really aware you could do that. I'm not on any form of soshul meeja so this is all new. Thanks again. Hughesaman.