• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello all

I've been recommended this place by a frustrated eBay user! I last unloaded my stack around 2012, and eBay worked really well then, but it doesn't look so good now. Money on hold because you didn't send it special delivery?! Anyway hello and I look forward to chatting with some fellow stackers over the coming weeks. I'll be releasing some of my stack onto the market, so if there are interested buyers of silver kooks and koalas, keep an eye out! I'm also interested in buying gold sovereigns over a long period of time, so I hope to stick around. 

Question - how do sales work with a newbie with no trading feedback? Should I buy some stuff first?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi, and welcome on forum!

About your question, what can I say? Try to sell at beginning small quantities at good prices, be open to send your silver first and receive payment after delivery (work very well this strategy on forum, absolutely risk free if dealing with forum members with trading history and active daily on forum) and your trading history will grow quick and healthy.

Good luck!🤗

42 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Hi, and welcome on forum!

About your question, what can I say? Try to sell at beginning small quantities at good prices, be open to send your silver first and receive payment after delivery (work very well this strategy on forum, absolutely risk free if dealing with forum members with trading history and active daily on forum) and your trading history will grow quick and healthy.

Good luck!🤗

Ah that'll work for me, great idea, thanks!

I do like a Kook (when priced cheap of course 😂)

This place is great for sovereigns, lots of sellers and competitive prices. If that's your thing you'll enjoy it here, especially with your Silver Membership 🥈

Welcome aboard, enjoy your purchases and GLWS! (Good Luck With Sales)

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Just now, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I do like a Kook (when priced cheap of course 😂)

This place is great for sovereigns, lots of sellers and competitive prices. If that's your thing you'll enjoy it here, especially with your Silver Membership 🥈

Welcome aboard, enjoy your purchases and GLWS! (Good Luck With Sales)

Thanks very much, quite the warm welcome here I must say. Is there enough traffic here for an auction do you think, or do most people sell at a specific price (and drop it down as necessary I noticed)?

I just dug out my Kook rolls to check the dates, they are 2019s, encapsulated, never opened. Think they'll go well?!

image.thumb.png.52b5e9367fef2832bafbe1233cde03fe.png

10 minutes ago, AgAuCH4 said:

Thanks very much, quite the warm welcome here I must say. Is there enough traffic here for an auction do you think, or do most people sell at a specific price (and drop it down as necessary I noticed)?

I just dug out my Kook rolls to check the dates, they are 2019s, encapsulated, never opened. Think they'll go well?!

image.thumb.png.52b5e9367fef2832bafbe1233cde03fe.png

You are most welcome my friend. It's great to see lots of new members 🏆

Those products - Perth Mint bars and Kookaburras - are popular, especially the bars, and they will definitely sell at the right price. One thing to keep in mind is TSF is not eBay or Amazon. There are 0% fees and lots of educated precious metals enthusiasts, flippers and merchants. I recently bought these with free shipping:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/77705-silver-and-gold-bits-and-bobs/?do=findComment&comment=882064

That might give you an idea of price. That was a very competitive listing I don't want to scare you but you should know prices on TSF are significantly lower than eBay. Some on TSF sell at the lowest price for kudos rather than the highest price for kudos, basically the opposite of eBay. If common items are priced right on TSF they will sell within minutes

As for auction vs fixed price, I'm no expert but my impression is that fixed-price listings for bullion tend to do better than auctions. People tend to know the truth worth of items so unless it's a numismatic or two people are competing over an item to complete a set, it's unlikely auctions will balloon beyond the true value of the item. In auction houses or eBay it's a different story and people will overbid, not so much on TSF that I've seen. 

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

19 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

You are most welcome my friend. It's great to see lots of new members 🏆

Those products - Perth Mint bars and Kookaburras - are popular, especially the bars, and they will definitely sell at the right price. One thing to keep in mind is TSF is not eBay or Amazon. There are 0% fees and lots of educated precious metals enthusiasts, flippers and merchants. I recently bought these with free shipping:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/77705-silver-and-gold-bits-and-bobs/?do=findComment&comment=882064

That might give you an idea of price. That was a very competitive listing I don't want to scare you but you should know prices on TSF are significantly lower than eBay. Some on TSF sell at the lowest price for kudos rather than the highest price for kudos, basically the opposite of eBay. If common items are priced right on TSF they will sell within minutes

As for auction vs fixed price, I'm no expert but my impression is that fixed-price listings for bullion tend to do better than auctions. People tend to know the truth worth of items so unless it's a numismatic or two people are competing over an item to complete a set, it's unlikely auctions will balloon beyond the true value of the item. In auction houses or eBay it's a different story and people will overbid, not so much on TSF that I've seen. 

That's very informative, thank you. Makes a lot of sense too.