• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Sovereigns

AaaGee

Anyone know when the Charles 3rd sovereigns are going to hit the shelves? Need to get a double but need to save for it and want to get it out of the way early in the year if possible.

Thanks all.

1 hour ago, AaaGee said:

Anyone know when the Charles 3rd sovereigns are going to hit the shelves? Need to get a double but need to save for it and want to get it out of the way early in the year if possible.

Thanks all.

End of Jan they said then they released the proofs

5 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Thanks all.

3 hours ago, Orpster said:

End of Jan they said then they released the proofs

I believe those to be released at the end of January will be the bullion version of the 2022 Memorial Proof Sovereign.

It hasn’t been confirmed either way whether the year of these bullion versions will be 2022 or 2023 (but I personally believe it will be 2022).

45 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I believe those to be released at the end of January will be the bullion version of the 2022 Memorial Proof Sovereign.

It hasn’t been confirmed either way whether the year of these bullion versions will be 2022 or 2023 (but I personally believe it will be 2022).

The Mint have stated that it will be 2022 

Thanks all. If there is going to be a bullion run (assuming 2022) this year of the memorial coin. They will be limited numbers? I guess the mint will be banging them out as quickly as possible but will they be producing them all year?

2 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Thanks all. If there is going to be a bullion run (assuming 2022) this year of the memorial coin. They will be limited numbers? I guess the mint will be banging them out as quickly as possible but will they be producing them all year?

I’m gonna guess it’ll be a 2022 KCIII memorial Sov until the coronation and then RM will switch to the 23 coronation sovereign but I’m still learning so others may be more in tune with the likely direction this will go 👍🏼

26 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

23 minutes ago, JamesH said:

I’m gonna guess it’ll be a 2022 KCIII memorial Sov until the coronation and then RM will switch to the 23 coronation sovereign but I’m still learning so others may be more in tune with the likely direction this will go 👍🏼

Indeed. Just like the Memorial proofs, I imagine they’ll produce them in unlimited numbers until a cut off date. 

35 minutes ago, asl said:

Thanks. I missed that specification. 

23 hours ago, asl said:

could you please link that?

I m waiting as many others for the first 2023 bullion sov and in my dreams that would be a return.... to innocence (St george and the old drake); the 2022 memorial proof would furthermore remain as a unique design...

3 minutes ago, refero said:

could you please link that?

I m waiting as many others for the first 2023 bullion sov and in my dreams that would be a return.... to innocence (St george and the old drake); the 2022 memorial proof would furthermore remain as a unique design...

I agree. I sincerely hope the RM returns to the standard George and Dragon design for the Coronation Sovereign and the regular 2023 bullion too. And just leaves it at that for a while.

Although I can see them doing two  versions of the Sov for 2023, a special reverse for the Coronation plus the standard G&D after it. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

21 hours ago, JamesH said:

Does make me chuckle. Pre sale for a bloomin bullion sovereign. How about just mint 10’s of Thousands and sell them when they’re ready to actually be sent out to paying customers

Remember we are talking RM here. Any perceived logic goes out of the window.