• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Auction.. 1 Troy pound American eagle ( 12oz fine silver)

James32

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Anteater said:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/70569-newbie-ridicule-needed/ and https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/70940-1lb-silver-eagle-results/

Edit: Misread your question - thought you were asking if it *had* garnered interest. Apologies for polluting the sales post!

Don’t stress, it looks a nice coin, will sell no problem 🤔

11 minutes ago, Petra said:

I take it that this is the coin that garnered rather a lot of interest on here a while back?🤔😮😁😁

Yes. Now open your purse and let the world see what your made of 🙂

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, GoldCobra said:

I want to play 

£280

Helpful if you can add instead of subtract 😆 

28 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

12oz × £24.50 per oz = £294 😁

Still in the lead due to @GoldCobra's calculator being sketchy 

21 hours ago, James32 said:

Forgot to mention, obviously passed the magnet test and also the paper test. Completely forgot about this until a member brought it up in conversation weeks back.

Basically take a single ply of kitchen paper and place over the coin.

If silver it will show as silver through

If cupronickel it will look like silver but show as dark under the paper.

1st photo is the eagle

2nd photo is a new 50 pence piece.

PXL_20230112_141849729.MP.jpg

PXL_20230112_141925909.MP.jpg

Never heard that one before. Pure wizard magic that is. 

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Ice cube is another... it will melt rather quickly on silver. 

I think you’re maybe getting a little desperate now! I can think of perhaps thousands of things that an ice cube will melt ‘quickly’ on … some of which may be used to make a fake coin🤔 Define ‘quickly’?🤔😮😁 as bad as wrapping in tissue?🤔 when next in the local coin shop must remember to take my ice cubes with me!🤔😁🫣

4 minutes ago, Petra said:

I think you’re maybe getting a little desperate now! I can think of perhaps thousands of things that an ice cube will melt ‘quickly’ on … some of which may be used to make a fake coin🤔 Define ‘quickly’?🤔😮😁 as bad as wrapping in tissue?🤔 when next in the local coin shop must remember to take my ice cubes with me!🤔😁🫣

I'm getting desperate?? In what context? This isn't my item, I'm simply trying to help another member. 

Do you not have anything better to do than make negative comments harming people's sales. ( if you are making an accusation, then spit it out)

If your just being your usual weird self, then go and drink a bottle of lucozade or something, your blood sugars must be low.

17 minutes ago, Petra said:

Thank you for your unhelpful and ignorant comments regarding this round.

The round belongs to me. I had no option because of previous comments made by unhelpful members like yourself and other armchair professionals to reach out for help.@James32 was kind enough to offer his assistance and sigma test for me as I had to be totally sure of its authenticity before i was prepared to sell it to another member, myself and@James32 are now fully satisfied with the results.

The round has had all possible none destructive tests some of which are obviously beyond your skill level or comprehension.

This round is very unique very high grade silver that sells in the US for over £600.

If you have nothing of use to add to the auction then I would appreciate if would stop making ueducated comments on a collector piece that you obviously know nothing about.

Archived