• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lunar Tiger 1oz 2022, different dimensions, fake?

CoinK

4 minutes ago, CoinK said:

Is this throwing money out the window with premium that i will never get back?

https://mynthuset.no/solv-bullion/2417-australia-2022-1-kilo-solv-lunar-s3-year-of-the-tiger-bu-mkapsel.html

10500kr is 870 punds

I think it's a stunning coin, and £870 considering a dealer isn't too bad.

Factor in cost of ownership ( enjoyment) and if you believe silver will surpass a certain spot price in years to come ( how long do you plan to hold?)

Personally I'd pay £800 for it right now from the secondary market after doing my own personal "weird" calculations, I'm not sure it has enough appeal for me to stretch to £870, so it's down to you to work that part out.

Why are you buying? Are you a collector or a stacker? Will you hold long enough to realise profits? These are all questions only you can answer unfortunately. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, CoinK said:

Is this throwing money out the window with premium that i will never get back?

https://mynthuset.no/solv-bullion/2417-australia-2022-1-kilo-solv-lunar-s3-year-of-the-tiger-bu-mkapsel.html

10500kr is 870 punds

I personally do not buy high premium high value silver coins. 

This is because should they develop milk spots or other blemish over time, then they lose their premium.

So with 1kg silver, I buy bars instead.

4 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

I have no idea what the conversion rate is in UK £ but it is a nice looking coin. You really do like those tigers.

I think so too😂 didn't realize it before today. Since I'm you don't know me I can show of my collection for now. Startet this Christmas and I'm already feeling the gold fever 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, CoinK said:

I think so too😂 didn't realize it before today. Since I'm you don't know me I can show of my collection for now. Startet this Christmas and I'm already feeling the gold fever 

image.jpg

That's both a cracking start and fantastic taste for someone going in relatively blind.

I'd add a britannia/philharmonic to the gold collection then focus on the lowest premium possible on both the gold and silver.

1 minute ago, Fenlander1 said:

Very impressive and a collection to be proud of and cherished.

The buffalo makes me jealous

Still my favourite coin after 7 years

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

I think it's a stunning coin, and £870 considering a dealer isn't too bad.

Factor in cost of ownership ( enjoyment) and if you believe silver will surpass a certain spot price in years to come ( how long do you plan to hold?)

Personally I'd pay £800 for it right now from the secondary market after doing my own personal "weird" calculations, I'm not sure it has enough appeal for me to stretch to £870, so it's down to you to work that part out.

Why are you buying? Are you a collector or a stacker? Will you hold long enough to realise profits? These are all questions only you can answer unfortunately. 

I think the same as you. Bought 1kg kookaburra this week and paid £730 for it, so I think £870 is a lot for a tiger even if it is in a smaller edition. I think I'm a mix of a stacker, collector, gold/silver speculator who will never sell. I am working on getting to know a new side of me. lol

5 minutes ago, CoinK said:

image.jpg

Wow !  Someone has caught a gold fever and should fit right in on the forum.

Have a look at the gold pandas too. They are very nice.  

5 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

The buffalo makes me jealous

The buffalo looks like a fake. I think the OP should send it to me to double check. 😆 

I yet to have one of those. 😅

9 hours ago, CoinK said:

Thanks. 

I know it's just my ADHD brain that is to impulsive when I get a hang up. I am trying to get a collection of silver and gold bullions and learned that buying used online with zero to none experience isn't the smartest idea. Looks like I'm in the clear this time. 

Are there some recommendations on smart coins to buy? I'm thinking of 2023 gold Britannia 1oz with the Queen before they start with the king. 

I know a good place to get one from:

https://www.chards.co.uk/2023-gold-britannia-bullion-one-ounce-coin/17171

😎

Chards

I came across a problem once with the specifications of a coin.
Due to an error the dimensions were published incorrectly and everyone else simply copied and pasted so the error was everywhere.

The fact that your coin is smaller that the spec means the spec has been written down incorrectly.
You should email the Mint and see if you get a response.

Is this coin over priced or could be a god investment? BTW i love the design so its not only as an investment

Mexico 1 Kilo Libertad 2019 Reverse Proof

I can get it for £1.250

I'm afraid of buying lots of expensive coins that I can only sell at spot, if I ever get rid of them.

Appreciate your help. greetings newbie

image.png.39d962e09dcaff4733c3714c82b828af.png

Edited by CoinK