• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Royal Mint commemorative sales figures

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this on here yet, but they published the sales figures for their 2019 commemorative coins yesterday.

https://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-coins/mintage-figures/2019-dated-uk-commemorative-coin-sales/

I think the most pleasant low number surprise for me (as I have one) is not something I was expecting... The Snowman 2019 UK 50p Brilliant Uncirculated Strike Your Own Coin with only 877 sales!

Interesting. I wonder what 'in tubes' means when referencing the BU coins. Is it coins sold individually 'in tubes' - something i've never heard of for cupronickel BU coins - or number of 'tubes' (whatever a tube is) sold ?

Puzzled.

1 minute ago, TeaTime said:

Interesting. I wonder what 'in tubes' means when referencing the BU coins. Is it coins sold individually 'in tubes' - something i've never heard of for cupronickel BU coins - or number of 'tubes' (whatever a tube is) sold ?

Puzzled.

It's literally coins sold in tubes (multiple coins per tube). I expect all of these went to the likes of Koin Club and Westminster, who sell the BU coins for less in their own packaging.

Interesting. So coins bought for re-sale by other companies (i've never seen these offered to individuals) . Some (most) of the figures show that the coins sold in tubes total is higher than those sold directly by the Mint. Must eat into their profit margins.

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

Interesting. So coins bought for re-sale by other companies (i've never seen these offered to individuals) . Some (most) of the figures show that the coins sold in tubes total is higher than those sold directly by the Mint. Must eat into their profit margins.

Not really. All factored in. There’s lots of people out there buying coins that probably wouldn’t dream of buying from the mint🤔

What if someone break the tube into individual coin, is it unable to differentiate both?  If yes, why RM make a simple thing complicated, why not just sum up both items n give 1 single mintage figure.  Now, we have to do some calculation on our own to count the actual mintage number.

Interesting reading. Ignoring all the cu stuff (🤣) and heading for the Sovs, some low mintages on the half and £5. Also interesting to see all the "first releases" which is all pushed through SovR.

Also interesting to see the failed attempt at the above with the Una and the PF67s or whatever they came out as!