• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Only special delivery covers bullion ( great tagline we all love to use )... unless there's an actual problem.

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Its a notification I've had after sending a Kilo of Silver by SD yesterday. It seems like this could be more common than maybe we thought.

Oh dear, sorry to hear this. Get on the phone to them in the first instance but if you don't get quick resolution there I have the CEO office email which gets a fast response and good outcome in my experience.

Really hope it turns up soon.

8 minutes ago, arphethean said:

Oh dear, sorry to hear this. Get on the phone to them in the first instance but if you don't get quick resolution there I have the CEO office email which gets a fast response and good outcome in my experience.

Really hope it turns up soon.

I appreciate that thank you, the item was last scanned at Edinburgh the customer service girl seemed surprised because according to her examinations and disposals are conducted in the Belfast mail Center. "it will probably turn up I expect it has been mis scanned" were her words. I asked her to escalate it to an investigation so am expecting a phone call. I don't have a receipt for this item as it was bought on the forum 😬

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, ArgentSmith said:

When you sell a 1kg Silver coin on eBay and send it SD 🥴

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 09.36.47.png

It's a load of c**p, happened to an item I bought last year. Email the ceo.office@royalmail.com and kick up a fuss, not only was the item returned, it wasn't as much as opened to begin with.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

20 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Make an invoice and put my name Constantin Dancu at the seller, if they need more info I will give you my contact details to confirm the sale.

One less thing to worry about, you're a star! Thank you kind sir!

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

18 minutes ago, James32 said:

It's a load of c**p, happened to an item I bought last year. Email the ceo.office@royalmail.com and kick up a fuss, not only was the item returned, it wasn't as much as opened to begin with.

Was it returned to the sender rather than forwarded on to it's destination?

This is interesting just had a call from the RM chap assigned to investigate who seemed genuinely concerned. There is more information available than we get on the tracking app thats for sure.

The guy said it was very strange to have this from Edinburgh, he asked if there were any other items in the package. I replied it was just the one Kilo silver coin. By all accounts there is a note saying dangerous goods removed remaining items allowed to continue.:blink:

My new friend said he will be contacting Edinburgh MC this afternoon when the shift starts to find out exactly whats going on, and will report back 🥳

Update. New friend at Royal Mail didn't get back to me but a nice lady eventually did she couldn't explain why this happened and said she has never seen this before. Buyer has confirmed the Item was belatedly delivered in one piece untampered with 🥳

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Update. New friend at Royal Mail didn't get back to me but a nice lady eventually did she couldn't explain why this happened and said she has never seen this before. Buyer has confirmed the Item was belatedly delivered in one piece untampered with 🥳

I get the impression it's some ( although extremely weird) auto response when an item is misplaced. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip