• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Gold & Silver Britannias - End of the Line - 2023 Coming Soon

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

2022 Gold & Silver Britannias- End of the Line - 2023 Coming Soon

This year's one ounce silver or gold one ounce bullion Britannias are almost at an end. It is very unlikely that any of the RM trade distributors will receive any further supplies, although some may still have some remaining stock, as may the RM's own direct retail section. It is likely that new coins will cost more (higher premiums) than they would have done a week or two ago.

The good news is that, as most TSF members will know by now, that the 2023 versions will start being shipped any day now. These will still be Queen Elizabeth II.

These are likely to be very popular as some of the last coins of QEII. It is likely that most distributors will not get their full allocations this month. The combination of limited supply and increased demand, plus a few other factors, will probably mean slightly higher premiums, yet I still expect these to sell out everywhere. Indeed, I think @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer has possibly already sold its entire October allocation even before it has been received.

In January 2023, we can expect Elizabeth's portrait to be replaced by King Charles'.

It is unlikely that production of Elizabeth and Charles coins will overlap, so this may leave at most a 3 month production run of Britannias of Elizabeth.

I have not mentioned platinum bullilon Britannias, as these do not sell in volume in the UK, but may end up being a collectable "rarity".

Everyone in the UK bullion world is also waiting to hear, or trying to work out, what exactly will happen with gold sovereigns of 2022, 2023, Elizabeth, and Charles.

I am off to try and read some tea leaves!

I should have added some photos:

2023eliazabethiigoldbullionbritannia1oz100poundsrev-MOCKUP-crop.thumb.jpg.eaca625a9bec915cfdb3e29048923cce.jpg

Although, please note these are our mockups, and may vary slightly from the actual coins:

2023elizabethiisilverbullionbritannia1oz2poundsrev-MOCKUP-crop.thumb.jpg.c9b14805c737800c82863e753de5520a.jpg

Anyone want to see a 2024?

😎

Chards

17 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Actually, I noticed on the website images that the 2023 silver 1oz Britannia did NOT have the wavey background on the reverse...am I wrong or not? The gold still looks similar. 

That left me wondering which website you meant.

If you had said "the website", I would have guessed you ment the Chards one, but...

as you said "the website", perhaps you mean the Royal Mint one.

Although we had prepared our own mockups, we took them off our website for a day at the request of the RM, even thoughwe were not very happy to do so. Once the embargo ended, we replaced our mockup images with ones the RM had supplied us, and other distributors with. In which case, the actual coins should look like the RM supplied images, but it might be best to wait until we see the actual coins, and produce our own, superior, quality photos, which will be photos of the actual coins rather than images possibly created from artists impression.

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That left me wondering which website you meant.

If you had said "the website", I would have guessed you ment the Chards one, but...

as you said "the website", perhaps you mean the Royal Mint one.

Although we had prepared our own mockups, we took them off our website for a day at the request of the RM, even thoughwe were not very happy to do so. Once the embargo ended, we replaced our mockup images with ones the RM had supplied us, and other distributors with. In which case, the actual coins should look like the RM supplied images, but it might be best to wait until we see the actual coins, and produce our own, superior, quality photos, which will be photos of the actual coins rather than images possibly created from artists impression.

😎

Yeah I meant the Royal Mint website, but also saw the same on Atkinson's. Who knows...we'll have to see the actual coins when they arrive.

I have ordered a tube of 2023 1/4oz silver Brits, but those ones still have the old radial background, not the new security features. I wonder why not...too small? Can't be, because they do it for the 1/10 platinum too. Maybe it's too costly a modification for a tiny silver coin..

14 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Yeah I meant the Royal Mint website, but also saw the same on Atkinson's. Who knows...we'll have to see the actual coins when they arrive.

I have ordered a tube of 2023 1/4oz silver Brits, but those ones still have the old radial background, not the new security features. I wonder why not...too small? Can't be, because they do it for the 1/10 platinum too. Maybe it's too costly a modification for a tiny silver coin..

Who knows?

We could try asking, but it is very difficult to get an answer.

😎

Chards

15 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Who knows?

We could try asking, but it is very difficult to get an answer.

😎

This is one of our mockups:

2023britanniaquarterozsilverbullioncoinMOCKUP-reverse.thumb.jpg.2791113dee5d85a1adc0b84151316b00.jpg

So it might not help much!

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

This is one of our mockups:

2023britanniaquarterozsilverbullioncoinMOCKUP-reverse.thumb.jpg.2791113dee5d85a1adc0b84151316b00.jpg

So it might not help much!

😎

Yeah, you see? This one doesn't have the waves... exactly what I was talking about (for the 1oz obviously..)

Edited by goldmember44

14 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Time will tell...

What's the old saying about tide and time?

😎

That when the tide goes out we'll see who has been swimming naked? 🤔😉

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken