• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pound Falls Further After Bank of England's Emergency Move - Breaking News

Pound Falls Further After Bank of England's Emergency Move - Breaking News

This may affect all precious metal pricing in pounds sterling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-63056188

The Bank of England has announced it will step in to calm markets after the government's mini-budget causes the pound to slide
The Bank says it will buy government bonds on a temporary basis to help "restore orderly market conditions"
The pound tumbled to $1.0560 after the news, down 1.6% against the dollar
It comes as financial leaders react to the International Monetary Fund's criticism of the UK's tax-cut plan
The IMF says the £45bn proposal will "likely increase inequality" and suggests a fiscal statement in November could be a chance to "re-evaluate" the changes
UK Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng has strongly defended the tax cuts - he is meeting with investment banks today

Watch this space!

😎

Chards

The UK Gilt market is crashing.
As an example the 40 year Gilt has collapsed - last December it was around 100 and since had fallen to 25.
The markets are not confident about the Truss Government - they expect as i do she will be a transient visitor to number 10. This puts the Tory Government in peril. You get a run on the pound and a vote of no confidence is not far behind. Truss was chosen b/c the other candidates were 4th division players as well. The market is not just unconvinced by Truss but they have a sinking feeling thinking about Sir Keir who doesn't even know what a woman is. Imagine him and the Ginger Minge leading the country. 

UK pension funds hold large amounts of Gilts - the value of funds has evaporated. i hear that some pension funds are now insolvent. The price of Gilts is falling and there are no buyers - so the BoE has had to step in.

The BoE has spoken of QT (quantitative tightening - off loading government securities) - what we see here is big time QE. They cannot stop creating currency - which of course is just petrol on the fire by inflating the money supply.
As Gilts fall, Gilt yields rise. This puts pressure on the BoE to raise interest rates - we have been hearing about another interest rate rise. A 0.1% just wouldn't do - it would have to be a decent jump. The problem then is the property market Ponzi scheme is put in jeopardy. 
We would be looking at a full scale financial crisis. A currency crisis with a housing market collapse. Let's imagine Sterling went into free fall. Gilts prices would collapse further - who wants to hold UK Government paper when the yield paid in GBP is worth less and less? The rising Gilt yield is the market saying interest rates must rise and the BoE would have to do that to support Sterling. The mortgage rates rise. When we have had what amounts to ZIRP - a zero interest rate policy for over a decade, even small increases in mortgage rates make huge percentage changes in repayments. We would see an avalanche of mortgage defaults and forced property sales.
At the tail end of last year we saw headlines like Lloyds Bank aiming to become giant UK landlord - in my mind this was telegraphing that Lloyds - Halifax were expecting what we see now and expecting to scoop up fire sale repossession properties. The property market talks about small falls in property prices - they don't want to do otherwise for fear of triggering panic. 

i have been expecting this - i have been expecting blood in the street. Now let's see.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, Bluenitsuj said:

Meanwhile Truss seems to be missing in action......

Look here she is - last seen practicing manoeuvres on Salisbury Plain.

image.png.8506b095584851de97bcb87aee391ee9.png

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Looks like the guys on The Duran agree with me. Alexander suggesting this could cause the break up of the Union @Minimalist

Edited by sixgun

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

The break up of the Union is inevitable.

The Minimalist and his Weegies preparing for the border checkpoint to Alba.

image.jpeg.bc37e0c0aa37b30de9c61cf3ed19d4cf.jpeg

Edited by sixgun

image.png.766dfe12eeedb54edc8a76845a0d3bfd.png

The end of cheap money: is this finally it for UK house prices?

image.png.108737affec009856142d219a652c5f6.png

One Tory's view on dropping tax rates for top earners.

image.png.a2ac852c6816b215ff6826f6b86811d4.png

5 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Shush - don't spoil it.