• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

hatton garden metals

HawkHybrid

from what I can make out  some items say place order   some items  don't have that option  just  info button  I would have thought if it didn't have the place order button  at the side it will be out of stock

• Founder & Administrator

I've checked using that method but didn't want them to think that there was a

person interested so many coins.

HH

I am sure they don't get an order message until you checkout. Adding items to the cart and then updating the cart should be absolutely fine.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am sure they don't get an order message until you checkout. Adding items to the cart and then updating the cart should be absolutely fine.

Having run my own retail website, it's highly likely that they do know what is added to the cart but not checked out. We did and I know others do, it's a standard option.

I'm sure they are not following it though, we only used it to judge popularity of items and used percentages to see which items people were obviously buying elsewhere cheaper.

Stacker since 2013

Having run my own retail website, it's highly likely that they do know what is added to the cart but not checked out. We did and I know others do, it's a standard option.

I'm sure they are not following it though, we only used it to judge popularity of items and used percentages to see which items people were obviously buying elsewhere cheaper.

The backend system I use on my retail websites do not have that as a standard option.

It is possible that they get sent orders that are added at the cart but checkout not completed, but in my experience there is no need to use a feature like that. There are loads of failed orders and they hide the real orders that need to be dealt with.

It's good to monitor the overall failed conversion rates to try to see if it is high and then to look into what the reason may be for in completed checkouts (payment methods accepted, estimated deliver times/cost, possibly price etc) so that you can improve. But to have all those failed orders showing on the order lists is not good in my opinion, and I bet loads of customers check HGM stock by adding items to the cart, would be a right headache if they all came through on the same order screen or even to monitor on any order screen. Even if they had a section for "incompleted checkouts" are they really going to digest all of that info and evaluated why that was? A bit of a pointless task for a small to medium sized company.

All they should really care about is traffic and sales (and conversion rate to some degree) if checking stock levels increases sales then they won't mind at all. Like you said I highly doubt they even monitor incompleted checkouts.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I seem to get different web pages, sometimes a basic table - which I prefer - other times a picture and some description which I hate as I want to see what coins they have in stock i.e. the old website. There is a new fast order page which shows stock coins but to determine how many I generally enter the number 10 or 100 and you immediately see how many are available. At this point you are not at the purchasing stage so don't panic, just zero the numbers or quit the site and re-enter with your order.

HGM have some good items today.

My favourite picks;

Gold Pandas

Gold buffalo

Gold 10g bar

All at 3% premium

I have been wanting a gold buffalo fall for a long time, and was going to try to buy one until I checked my bank balance :( looks like I will have to wait for another time.

Discounts / Offers

Deal of the day will be gold pandas 3 x 2006 in omp. Pcgs have then valued at £1002 in omp, wish I didn't already have one

You know that HGM pandas for sale are 2006 and are in the original manufacturers packaging still?

Discounts / Offers

• 2 months later...

Any body know if there is a link between hatton Garson metals and gold line (Baird and co) or is it just a coincidence they are a few doors away in the same street in the same town

There are actually loads of jewellers and various sized dealers in scrap gold etc in the same area.  Goes back many, many years just like the diamond quarter in Birmingham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatton_Garden

Any body know if there is a link between hatton Garson metals and gold line (Baird and co) or is it just a coincidence they are a few doors away in the same street in the same town

My Dad used to be in charge of security for several diamond companies in Hatton Garden. The area is full of jewellers, diamond merchants and goldsmiths. I can remember going there as a boy (must be about 35-40 years ago) and seeing all the big safes and vaults at the back of the shops and offices.

I can vaguely remember going to a Jewish wedding of one of the sons of the people he worked for there. 

HGM website now says the amount of stock on the quick order form. If it is under 10 pieces left then the exact stock is shown, otherwise displayed as "10+ available" 

Discounts / Offers

HGM website now says the amount of stock on the quick order form. If it is under 10 pieces left then the exact stock is shown, otherwise displayed as "10+ available" 

They were probably fed up with me putting in 100 into the order form for everything, just to see how many they'd got :)

Archived