• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/4 Oz Platinum coins

bilko

So out of curiosity what are they going for ball park now? thought I had a rough idea then I see very varied prices online, I only have 2 the The 70th Birthday of HRH the Prince of Wales 2018 UK Quarter-Ounce Platinum Proof Coin with a ltd run of 650 and the Jersey 2017 Platinum wedding anniversary Platinum £1 coin with 995 in that run, again im guessing if must be the numismatic side making the price so different? £550 from the royal mint for the former bot sure about the latter

3 hours ago, bilko said:

So out of curiosity what are they going for ball park now? thought I had a rough idea then I see very varied prices online, I only have 2 the The 70th Birthday of HRH the Prince of Wales 2018 UK Quarter-Ounce Platinum Proof Coin with a ltd run of 650 and the Jersey 2017 Platinum wedding anniversary Platinum £1 coin with 995 in that run, again im guessing if must be the numismatic side making the price so different? £550 from the royal mint for the former bot sure about the latter

Here are some example of platinum coins of various sizes and weights, not just quarter ounce ones.

https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/platinum

Quarter ounce coins are a rather modern "invention", stemming  from bullion coins being denominated by weight, such as Krugerrands since 1980.

Earlier platinum coins would have had more traditional denominations.

😎

Chards

12 minutes ago, StackemHigh said:

@LawrenceChard What are the benefits of the stocklist collection? I have clicked onto the above link and just noticed this quite large list of coins in a sort of generic order without pics and a very brief description.

There is not necessarily a "benefit", but as the paragraph states:

Stocklist Collection

Stock list items are those without an online product page. We carry a lot of stock in our vaults that customers can call up and request prices and/or to check availability.

Use the phone icon to request a call back or call +44 1253 343081 to speak with the team. Please note items are not priced and may require grading by our team.

These are items we have in stock, but have not had time to photograph, catalogue, price, and turn live on site. If there are any specific items you ae interested in, you can ask, but as it indicates, you might not get an instant reply.

Is there a particular reason you were looking for quarter ounce platinum coins?

🙂

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer

Chards

11 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

There is not necessarily a "benefit", but as the paragraph states:

Stocklist Collection

Stock list items are those without an online product page. We carry a lot of stock in our vaults that customers can call up and request prices and/or to check availability.

Use the phone icon to request a call back or call +44 1253 343081 to speak with the team. Please note items are not priced and may require grading by our team.

These are items we have in stock, but have not had time to photograph, catalogue, price, and turn live on site. If there are any specific items you ae interested in, you can ask, but as it indicates, you might not get an instant reply.

Is there a particular reason you were looking for quarter ounce platinum coins?

🙂

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer

Not looking for anything specific at the moment. 

I haven't noticed these (dead ie not live) items before. I think that without a price i don't think i would really bother looking too much either really kills my impulse buying!

5 minutes ago, StackemHigh said:

Not looking for anything specific at the moment. 

I haven't noticed these (dead ie not live) items before. I think that without a price i don't think i would really bother looking too much either really kills my impulse buying!

That's understandable.

It is not great for our "impulse sales" either, but it does mean that if someone particularly wants any of the coins, we are able to supply them.

At any one time, we probably have more coins still waiting to be processed than we have "live" on site. The "Stocklist Collection" is a kind of midway point. They have been added to our stock database, and allocated a storage location. Most of this can be done by someone relatively junior. Before they are turned live, they need to be checked, usually by a numismatist or senior staff member.

Having said all that, I realise I can give a better answer to your question "What are the benefits of the stocklist collection". Potential buyers can see that we have them, and any of our staff can also find them. Before we implemented this system, the items would still be waiting to be completely checked and processed before being turned live, so potential customers would not know we had them, and it is unlikley that any of our customer service team would know we had them, or where to find them.

😎

Chards

The idea of a stocklist collection is a really good one, Lawrence.

I was not aware of it before reading your recent posts in this thread just now, and I suspect that I will have a good peruse of it later. 

I am potentially after some specific older PM coins, and Chards may already have them.

• 1 year later...

DOn't know if anyone will read this, but did the Royal Mint strike a 1/4 oz platinum proof Britannia this year? I didn't see one but remember the 2023 was a bit hard to find also...

19 hours ago, DaKine said:

DOn't know if anyone will read this, but did the Royal Mint strike a 1/4 oz platinum proof Britannia this year? I didn't see one but remember the 2023 was a bit hard to find also...

I asked my account manager this - no 1/4 oz or 1oz platinum proofs this year.