• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign experts. I also need help.

Murphy1986

13 minutes ago, stefffana said:

For your peace of mind, go to a jeweller. 

Or, better, use the services offered by @GoldDiggerDave. He will evaluate and professionally clean your coin, pendant and chain for a very good price.

In my opinion you can't go wrong.🤗

I will look into that! Thank you!

11 hours ago, jackflash123 said:

Pretend you want to sell the coin rather than asking them to assess it.

If they think you want to sell they will automatically verify if its real and do whatever checks are possible without damaging or taking the coin out of the mount.

That's how I would approach this particular situation. After they give you a valuation you can thank them and say you will think about their offer for a few days or whatever 👍

11 hours ago, Murphy1986 said:

This I like!! Thank you! 

11 hours ago, jackflash123 said:

I must point out if you visit any dealers in Blackpool then you must ask them to verify the coin for you, and offer to pay any fees they deem necessary.

The above mentioned shenanigans are not strictly ethical 🤣

I / we don't like pretence. It is low level dishonesty, but extremely common.

I would much prefer it if someone asks "Can I pick your brain?"

If someone simply want to know if they have got a sovereign or a half, we can usually tell with milliseconds, and are happy to help inform people.

Sure, if someone wants a more thorough test and appraisalem we are also happy to to do it for a charge.

Jewellers often know very little about coin, but don't realise how little they know. Don't let them acid test your coin.

Pawnbrokers are worse than jewellers.

You coin is undoubtedly a half sovereign.

You wouldn't get that sort of service for nowt in Yorkshire.

BTW: Have you ever heard of Harvey Ross?

😎

Chards

11 hours ago, James32 said:

Unlikely tbh..I'm 32st😁

Really?

Time you spent more money on gold and less on food, or beer, or other drinks. Actually, eat better but less.

Get your BMI down to about 23.

As ever, more unwanted good advice from your friendly Blackpool coin and bullion dealer.

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Really?

Time you spent more money on gold and less on food, or beer, or other drinks. Actually, eat better but less.

Get your BMI down to about 23.

As ever, more unwanted good advice from your friendly Blackpool coin and bullion dealer.

😎

Ive waited so long on a response, I'm now down to a slim 17st 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

52 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

If someone simply want to know if they have got a sovereign or a half, we can usually tell with milliseconds, and are happy to help inform people.

Sure, if someone wants a more thorough test and appraisalem we are also happy to to do it for a charge.

Jewellers often know very little about coin, but don't realise how little they know. Don't let them acid test your coin.

😎

Thank you! Thats great news.. i may think about getting it properly appraised and maybe cleaned in the future. Its just good to know its not a fake. 

Never heard of Harvey Ross, whos that?

42 minutes ago, Murphy1986 said:

Thank you! Thats great news.. i may think about getting it properly appraised and maybe cleaned in the future. Its just good to know its not a fake. 

Never heard of Harvey Ross, whos that?

You could have Googled him.

A famous, or perhaps infamous, Leeds resident:

😎

Chards

9 hours ago, Murphy1986 said:

Oh great stuff! My grandma never had money so to be honest i assumed it was purely decorative. 

It's because she was wise and spent it all on gold😁 before those pesky grandchildren came knocking.. with their snotty noses and hands out🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

On 07/08/2022 at 11:05, LawrenceChard said:

😎

Honesty is almost always the best policy*

A straight question to a dealer in my experience gets a straight answer.

* Married gentlemen know that an honest answer to questions like…do you like my new haircut / dress is not always the best approach and a bare faced lie can avoid all sorts of complications.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

4 hours ago, dicker said:

Honesty is almost always the best policy*

A straight question to a dealer in my experience gets a straight answer.

* Married gentlemen know that an honest answer to questions like…do you like my new haircut / dress is not always the best approach and a bare faced lie can avoid all sorts of complications.

Still works for me though.

For example, when I returned from my first ski chalet holiday, my wife asked me "Did you sleep with the chalet girls".

My answer, without hesitation: "Not a wink!"

😎

Chards