• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Huge price increase

gkoogk

1 hour ago, gkoogk said:

Hi guys

I was just browsing through Chards website and was astonished that a coin set i have has recently risen 300% (2017 6-Coin Gold Proof Britannia Set)...I know there is only 250 sets but has there been a fire and destroyed the other 249 or is it a misprint

image.thumb.png.5da61a8b8694134d8ea33107e27b3b72.png

Juliana (Chard) will have been instrumental in the price revision.

She very carefully monitors a mix of auction results, dealer sales, and more, before revising. Even at that price, please note there are none in stock.

I suspect there are some dealers who show artificially low prices on some products when they are Out Of Stock, probably to make themselves look reasonably competitive, as spoilers for other dealers sales, or so they can point to their "asking" price when making a low offer!

I will tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in, so the Team are aware.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

Its certainly an aspirational price!

Raw 2014 sets (ie the key year for Brits) trade for far less - eg £6500 +24% BP = £8060 at Sov Rarities auction 4.

2017 is not an in demand year so you'd expect it to trade more in line with other low demand 24k years (e.g. everything other than 14 and, to a smaller extent, 16). Auction results in the region of £3500-4500 would be my expectation for a set like and, and I wouldn't be surprised to see potentially lower in current market.

2 hours ago, gkoogk said:

Hi guys

I was just browsing through Chards website and was astonished that a coin set i have has recently risen 300% (2017 6-Coin Gold Proof Britannia Set)...I know there is only 250 sets but has there been a fire and destroyed the other 249 or is it a misprint

image.thumb.png.5da61a8b8694134d8ea33107e27b3b72.png

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Juliana (Chard) will have been instrumental in the price revision.

She very carefully monitors a mix of auction results, dealer sales, and more, before revising. Even at that price, please note there are none in stock.

I suspect there are some dealers who show artificially low prices on some products when they are Out Of Stock, probably to make themselves look reasonably competitive, as spoilers for other dealers sales, or so they can point to their "asking" price when making a low offer!

I will tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in, so the Team are aware.

😎

51 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

Raw 2014 sets (ie the key year for Brits) trade for far less - eg £6500 +24% BP = £8060 at Sov Rarities auction 4.

2017 is not an in demand year so you'd expect it to trade more in line with other low demand 24k years (e.g. everything other than 14 and, to a smaller extent, 16). Auction results in the region of £3500-4500 would be my expectation for a set like and, and I wouldn't be surprised to see potentially lower in current market.

As it happens, I know that @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer has just revised some of it bullion gold Britannia prices down a touch, although this was not mentioned on its recent mailshot.

For most of the past 2+ years, supply has not been able to keep up with demand, for most gold and silver bullion coins. Only in the last few months has this been easing slightly.

For Chards, this has been aided by the resumption of direct supplies from the Royal Mint. 

Because of Covid supply chain problems, coupled with other factors such as Brexit with its increase in paperwork for export and import, most bullion premiums have tended to increase over the two year period. Now there are signs that they are easing slightly. Although mints are still having problems sourcing enough blanks or bulllion in bar form, it has recently become easier to maintain stock levels because of faster replenishment. 

For two years, it would have been silly to reduce premiums on products of which you could not obtain sufficient supplies in gold time to meet demand. Recently Chards have tweaked downwards the premium on some of the most popular bullion coins, gold Britannias, sovereigns, and even double sovereigns. Expect more price action in the coming weeks and months.

Silver blanks and large bars are still in relatively short supply, but there are some signs that this may be easing slightly, although with recent increases in the Gold:Silver ratio, making silver relatively cheaper, I still expect monthly allocations to sell out before or shortly after they arrive in stock. 

You read it here first!

😎

Chards

11 hours ago, Clockpuncher said:

It is only a matter of time even for this castigated Britannia design. The only problem is everything will be a lot more expensive in GBP by then.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.