• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1 x White Horse of Hanover Queen's Beast 1/4oz Gold Britannia auction. Starting bid £300

MarkInSol

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg, why don't the posts show an actual time?

So, I logged onto the super accurate  internet clock of the world thing and refreshed the page 5 seconds before 9.33. by the time I took the below screen shot it was 9.33 (see time at top). TN21, Dazzle nh and reidpj were just in, elkibo was a few seconds past 9.

Reidpj was the last bid of 8.59 by a couple of seconds...but Dazzlinh's was higher by £1.

So, Dazzlinh wins...unless someone can access the server logs and say otherwise? 🫣

Screenshot_20220626-213310.thumb.png.0ffa7c9855bfecadffcabb9b95d4d5a5.png

I'm never running an auction again 😱

Simple solution - cut the coin into quarters and the top four bidders pay a quarter of the average four top bids, adjusted for current gold spot price fluctuation and daily inflation figures… seems straightforward enough  😂

Two parrots were sitting on a perch. One said “can you smell fish?”

Just now, Stuh said:

Simple solution - cut the coin into quarters and the top four bidders pay a quarter of the average four top bids, adjusted for current gold spot price fluctuation and daily inflation figures… seems straightforward enough  😂

Can I have the quartered piece without scratches please 🙏 

Congratulations @Dazzlinh 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, matt1r said:

it is a tad confusing because you’ve put auction ends at 9.00 but any bids time stamped 9.01 won’t count. All bids came in before 9.01 so who actually wins?

I refreshed the screen right at the end of 9.32. There are 3 bids before 9 (marked 33 minutes ago by the time I got the screenshot) and one at 9 so the winner is the last of the 3...but the 3rd was less than the 2nd. So 2nd on that screenshot wins 

Just now, MarkInSol said:

I refreshed the screen right at the end of 9.32. There are 3 bids before 9 (marked 33 minutes ago by the time I got the screenshot) and one at 9 so the winner is the last of the 3...but the 3rd was less than the 2nd. So 2nd on that screenshot wins 

My last auction ever.

1 minute ago, MarkInSol said:

What the actual fook language is you speaking 😅😅 I feel high as a kite.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Archived