• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014.Β Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topicΒ posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :)Β happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads.Β 

Royal Mint Birmingham Commonwealth Games 50p collection - any interest...? πŸ€”

Morning all,

Being a Brummie by birth, I thought I'd see what was available - and most of it still is! 😊

Personally, went for the 4 coin collectors set, and a silver proof 50p. Purely for the collection, not for flippage 😏

Anyone else into 50p's here on the forum? - and is this the right section to post this on...?πŸ€” happy for the Mods to move if not - Cheers

Bob

Just now, Chrisplym said:

Yes, definite sell out on the coloured brilliant uncirculated 50ps. My guess is today or tomorrow.

I didn’t realise the maximum mintage also included the set. Good point πŸ‘

I am expecting the 4-coin set to be just the 4 individual bunc packs in a cardboard slip case. I'd be happy for it to be something nicer, though!

I collect 50p coins in Bunc and I also expect (and hope) the limited edition ones sell out. I purchased an extra set to hopefully sell for a lil bit of profitΒ 

I remember just over a month ago the Β£5 Peter Rabbit in colour was limited edition and sold out after 24 hours and people were selling them for Β£60 on eBayΒ 

27 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the buncs sell out today/this week. Max mintage of 5010 on the NI/Wales/Scotland ones, spread across the individual packs and 4-coin set.

Β 

26 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Yes, definite sell out on the coloured brilliant uncirculated 50ps. My guess is today or tomorrow.

I didn’t realise the maximum mintage also included the set. Good point πŸ‘

Was wondering what the mintage for the 4 coin packs were - that would make sense...? There wasn't a mintage figure given for the 4 coin pack when I looked this morning

26 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I am expecting the 4-coin set to be just the 4 individual bunc packs in a cardboard slip case. I'd be happy for it to be something nicer, though!

I had the same thought - all they show is the 4 coins πŸ€” would be nice of it was something along the lines of the Queens Platinum Jubilee 2 coin set maybe?

image.jpeg.401631e54fe7417209d3c256a6333901.jpeg

13 minutes ago, FuntasticFlavor said:

I collect 50p coins in Bunc and I also expect (and hope) the limited edition ones sell out. I purchased an extra set to hopefully sell for a lil bit of profitΒ 

I remember just over a month ago the Β£5 Peter Rabbit in colour was limited edition and sold out after 24 hours and people were selling them for Β£60 on eBayΒ 

Depends on the coins(s) - and how popular they are...

Not that fussed tbh, as I won't be selling mine any time soon. Always difficult to predict which coins will demand a higher price at the time of release, so I just buy things I like, and if they increase in value, that's nice - but not the reason I buy them in the first place.

Once they are marked as 'no longer available' on the RM site, there's usually a flurry of sales on eBay, and that's when the prices can go a bit bonkers... The 2 coin Queens Platinum Jubilee set I mention above was going for £120+ on eBay just after they sold out! 😳 - but they inevitable settle at a lower price as the people who want them secure theirs... Time will tell if they hold their value or increase / decrease

8 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Β 

Was wondering what the mintage for the 4 coin packs were - that would make sense...? There wasn't a mintage figure given for the 4 coin pack when I looked this morning

Given the maximum mintage for each individual coin is 5010, and 5000 are in the individual packs, according to my maths this means there can only be 10 of the 4-coin sets!Β  (N.B. The figures for England are 7510 and 7500)

4 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Given the maximum mintage for each individual coin is 5010, and 5000 are in the individual packs, according to my maths this means there can only be 10 of the 4-coin sets!Β  (N.B. The figures for England are 7510 and 7500)

Just had a look in the page code, and theres around 1720 4 coin sets available to order apparently... πŸ€”

1 minute ago, Chrisplym said:

Many thanks!

Not that many left considering. Interesting that Scotland are leading the way.

No problem - handy being a web developer sometimes 😁

Yes, I did think they would be around even numbers... Still doesn't give us a clue on the mintage for the 4 coin packs though πŸ€”

7 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

No problem - handy being a web developer sometimes 😁

Yes, I did think they would be around even numbers... Still doesn't give us a clue on the mintage for the 4 coin packs though πŸ€”

The max mintage of the NI/Wales/Scotland coins is stated to be 5010 each. This is why I think the 4-coin sets are just a cardboard sleeve with 4 bunc packs in.

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The max mintage of the NI/Wales/Scotland coins is stated to be 5010 each. This is why I think the 4-coin sets are just a cardboard sleeve with 4 bunc packs in.

πŸ€” hmmm, so might be 2500 of each in packs, and 2500 as single coins maybe? or a similar split - 2000 & 3000 perhaps? odd that they don't say though... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Edited by Scootermuppet

Just now, Scootermuppet said:

πŸ€” hmmm, so might be 2500 of each in packs, and 2500 as single coins maybe? or a similar split - 2000 & 3000 perhaps? odd that they don't say though... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I expect the split will be determined by what people choose to buy, if the 4-coin set is essentially just 4 single packs in a Β£0.50 box.

Β 

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I expect the split will be determined by what people choose to buy, if the 4-coin set is essentially just 4 single packs in a Β£0.50 box.

Β 

Very true... Shame it's not going to be a special pack though - or it might be! we won't know until the first people start getting them - and mine says despatch in 10 days.

just looking at the availability figures for the Silver proof too - and it went UPΒ  for a little while! People putting them in their basket and then removing perhaps...? - also showing August despatch for the Coloured Silver Proof πŸ™„

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

interestingly, the price of the 4-coin set has just changed to Β£72. It was Β£72.50 this morning.

Yes, I paid 72.50 according to my RM account... interesting... πŸ€”

Just called the RM customer service folks - and they have about as much info as we do! he wasn't able to say how the 4 coin pack is being presented - he assumes it's just the four single coin packs, he actually had a look on the brief they were given, but doesn't give any other details or a mintage figure specifically for the packs, so I guess we're waiting til they arrive...

26 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Yes, I paid 72.50 according to my RM account... interesting... πŸ€”

Just called the RM customer service folks - and they have about as much info as we do! he wasn't able to say how the 4 coin pack is being presented - he assumes it's just the four single coin packs, he actually had a look on the brief they were given, but doesn't give any other details or a mintage figure specifically for the packs, so I guess we're waiting til they arrive...

I called too lady said there was no special packaging on the 4 set just 4 individual coins