• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Mine is bigger than yours!!

onlyroadtoheaven

As mentioned on another thread, I have changed my collecting "rules" and will only purchase coins of 5oz in weight or above. This makes my hobby slightly more acceptable to my wife as it as seen as a bit hardcore. My biggest coin is a Kilo Monkey king ... coloured! What is your biggest coin and does anyone out there have a 10 kilo coin?

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

When I started looking into physical silver again early this year I was tempted by a 5 kilo coin bar, not sure what spurred the interest to be honest, possibly something along the lines of 'go big or go home'. :P

After thinking logically about it over a couple of days I realised that the saving on premium would be ultimately lost on insane amounts of insured postage when selling. Sending a 5+ Kilo package via courier worth big money costs an awful lot. I settled for 5 x one kilo coin bars instead, can send those special delivery through royal mail and time my selling.

Still have not lost the desire for the 5 kilo bar though, its just budget and exit strategy stopping me.

9 hours ago, Danny-boy said:

I like big coins too.

Largest is a kilo, but have 10 of them, and five kilo bars.

Also have 20 x 10ozers too.

Do you stick to Lunars? I have so far but I have my first big Libertad arriving tomorrow ... Im hoping work will understand if I take the day off to wait for the postman.

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

I thought about buying the 10kg lunar monkey coin but then I also thought about going for another 67km mountain run. 

The run would have killed me and the silver purchase would have killed my bank manager.

I know it makes sense to think buying bigger is better as its cheaper per oz however always consider what you exit strategy is

Look at completed eBay 'green'  coloured listings for silver items and see what sells and what doesn't.  

1oz coins sell 24-7 around the clock, every day of the week

Daft buying something if there is a limited market for it when you come to sell and cash out.

I dont have any 1kg coin, and if was offered one wouldn't one it.  Too big too bulky, posh paper weights in my eyes

12 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

I'm going for lowest £/oz, and ease of exit strategy.

32oz (1kg ish) is easier to sell than 32 X 1oz coins.

I'm aware what things go for on eBay, it was a conscious choice.

Danny - my comment wasn't at you directly, I know you have your own stratergy, it was more for the consideration of the new folk who may think buying biggest is best

33 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

I'm going for lowest £/oz, and ease of exit strategy.

32oz (1kg ish) is easier to sell than 32 X 1oz coins.

I'm aware what things go for on eBay, it was a conscious choice.

Really? I would think that full tubes would be pretty liquid on the fleabay. Ok, 20 or 25oz is not 32oz, but it's in the ballpark.

Archived