• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Estimated $17 billion on Sunken Galleon

Pete

Many stackers have shared their secret hiding place on this forum - at the bottom of the sea due to boating accident etc.
Well this stack will make your eyes water -

https://www.livescience.com/treasured-shipwreck-off-colombia-has-rival-claims

Really interesting read.

Judging the article I think the Colombian govt hold the right since its in Colombia, so if one took up the operation to get the Gold and Jewels they [Colombian govt] would send in the lawyers. Its interesting that they [Colombian govt] arent going to collect them.

All it takes is a $50million loan from any bank on this planet and someone or a company are one of the wealthiest individuals or entities on earth.

@Pete Nice article and is at the moment is the 'Holy Grail' of Treasure ships yet to be recovered.  It is not beyond the realms of possibility that there are large treasure wrecks out there not found or identified as having huge riches.  If there are, I would expect them to be found on the Cuban coast, Treasure Coast of the US, or around the Indian / Sri Lankan coast.

There are a number of wrecks identified as having hundreds of millions / billions in treasure that have not yet been found ones that are of interest are:

The Merchant Royal (Sunk in deep waters of of Lands End, Cornwall)

Las Cinco Chagas - (Sunk of of Failal Island) Suspected treasure value USD25-30 Billion

The Santa Maria (Sunk off of Haiti) Value unknown to me

The Flor de la Mar (Sunk in the Indian Ocean) USD3 Billion

And of course whilst a great deal of Silver and Gold were recovered from the wreck of the Atocha was famously discovered by Mel Fisher, the Stern Castle has not ever been located.  It is known from the records (the manifest) held in Spains national records that there were 70lb of pre-columbian / Must emeralds of the very highest quality plus a very large quantity of gold.  This is sitting somewhere west of the Marquesa Islands.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys