• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Gold proof sovereign

gazer

I have had a look around for the 2022 proof sovereign.

Price seems pretty high, anyone knows of any going around £650 probably  understand it's no, but worth asking.

Cheers gazer.

1 hour ago, gazer said:

I have had a look around for the 2022 proof sovereign.

Price seems pretty high, anyone knows of any going around £650 probably  understand it's no, but worth asking.

Cheers gazer.

Sorted Riversidebanksilver had one great dealing with.

And thanks to James32.

If the proof with a mintage of over 13500 sold out in a day or so and now commanding a premium a sotd will sell out within an hour.     Some new buyers won’t get it but same conversations with the 2017 sotd and proof set went on and can see the drive levels of them now.    I don’t think this will be the last special sov for the jubilee but will be up there with the most sought after.     If they come up for £650 again I’ll be surprised would expect £850+

5 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

If the proof with a mintage of over 13500 sold out in a day or so and now commanding a premium a sotd will sell out within an hour.     Some new buyers won’t get it but same conversations with the 2017 sotd and proof set went on and can see the drive levels of them now.    I don’t think this will be the last special sov for the jubilee but will be up there with the most sought after.     If they come up for £650 again I’ll be surprised would expect £850+

That is a good view I also think the same.

Please forgive my ignorance on the whole Sovereign issue matter, but could someone simplify what Sovs will be coming out this year?  I have purchased a 2022 Platinum Jubilee set, but is the SOTD coin apparently being released early Feb another one (Double, 1, 1/2, 1/4?)? Many thanks in advance for any answers that could shed light on this for me.

3 minutes ago, Monsmoy said:

Please forgive my ignorance on the whole Sovereign issue matter, but could someone simplify what Sovs will be coming out this year?  I have purchased a 2022 Platinum Jubilee set, but is the SOTD coin apparently being released early Feb another one (Double, 1, 1/2, 1/4?)? Many thanks in advance for any answers that could shed light on this for me.

The SOTD is a single sovereign.  Limited mintage.  Same design as the 2022 sovereign but has a plain edge and I think it will be a matte finish.

EDIT:  Limited to 1,200 sovereigns only.

Edited by MJCOIN

Just now, MJCOIN said:

The SOTD is a single sovereign.  Limited mintage.  Same design as the 2022 sovereign but has a plain edge and I think it will be a matte finish.

Thank you.  And how does one go about getting it?  Free-for-all as it is released through the RM website, or will they all go to dealers and those on a waiting list?

1 minute ago, Monsmoy said:

Thank you.  And how does one go about getting it?  Free-for-all as it is released through the RM website, or will they all go to dealers and those on a waiting list?

A few dealers had it on pre-order but they seem to have sold out now (although it's worth checking) so your next option is to hope you can get one from RM on the release day.  I expect demand to be very high.

Try Chards - https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-platinum-jubilee-strike-on-the-day-sovereign/15791   Sometimes they have a few for sale (none at the moment).  You will pay a bit more than the RM price but if you can get one this way you won't miss out.

Otherwise I expect one or two will make their way for sale on here eventually.

You could also look at the auctions from Coins of the Realm and The Coin Cabinet.  I expect some will be auctioned off there too.

On 23/01/2022 at 07:07, Cornishfarmer said:

I sold one on Friday for £650. Not looking to rip off fellow forum members. That’s a reasonable price.