• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Were there Royal Mint 2020 and 2021 Piedfort Sovereigns?

kimchi

3 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Yep, both years had double Sovereign's

Thank you! Do you have any links at all? I can find the Royal Mint 2019 sales page (and other websites talking about the 2019s) but nothing about 2020 and 2021. Maybe I am just being stupid!

On 29/12/2021 at 18:01, harrygill111 said:

Many thanks but I'm looking for the Proof Piedfort Sovereign (still a £1 piece) not a Double (BU or Proof - £2).

Here's the 2019 Piedfort:

https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/2019/The-Piedfort-Sovereign-2019/

Edited by kimchi

27 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Nothing......I don't think we will have that problem this year.  Any 2022 sovereign will be an instant sellout.  Think we will see them in every shape and size.

Many thanks, I'm very surprised at that. Even if not a sell-out that is/was very short-term thinking by the Mint imvho. A new product introduced at a key time, then dropped for two years after a lukewarm reception in 2019, only to be brought back this year (I'm sure we all expect that!). It's an unnecessary break in continuity, and if the 2020s and 2021s were low sellers, they might do very well in years to come for customers who were loyal to the Mint for them!

35 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Quick answer, no.

You old tease you, what's the long answer? :P

The Piedfort gives the RM a second bite at the cherry, I bought the 2018 piedfort along with the BU £5 I came home plastered from the pub and did not realise I bought them until they were delivered a few days later.   

RM reverse frosted golds are stunning, I'd like to see a reverse frosted 2022 sovereign.  

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

RM reverse frosted golds are stunning, I'd like to see a reverse frosted 2022 sovereign.

BUNC? I can't see them ever doing a different proof for reasons I've gone into already today, but if there was EVER a year to do one (and it would likely only ever be the one) it's this year! :)

On 29/12/2021 at 18:01, harrygill111 said:

All the mint sovereigns look Bronze to me this year, why would that be? 

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Christianmonk3y said:

Looking at the RM page today as the 2022 Piedfort was released it said that after a 2 year break the piedfort returned, therefore implying that a 2020 was issued, however I cannot seem to find one on the internet....

The Royal Mint

They mean the last two years (2020 and 2021) there were no Piedfort Sovereigns released.

Only 2017, 2018 and 2019 saw these; and now 2022.