• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint product codes

My guess on the whole thing wihch is mostly obvious as you point out:

UK - United Kingdom
21 - The year 2021
GR - First two letters of the series GReat Engravers - I'd guess
2 - 2 oz size
S - Silver

Looking at a previous order of mine they did it sligtly different for the Seymour Panther which was

UK
TSP - The Seymour Panther - I'd imagine
SP - Silver proof I'd guess

Wonder what the larger silver coins had for the Seymour Panther at the end.

The 3G's was UK20WW2S which roughly follows the Gothic Crown but would imagine WW is William Wyon. The Una was UK19UL2S - UL for Una Lion I imagine. Interesting that the first referenced the coin while the second referenced the original designer with the third referencing the series. No consistency! 😝

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome

23 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

So, it looks like you agree with me, they are impossible to predict !?

Yeah there is no consistency to them at all. For the Great Engravers series it makes no sense why they've done them as they have. Would have made more sense to keep on like the Una. 3G, GC, etc. I suppose for them though its just a database reference so it really doesn't matter what they use as long as they are different.

3 hours ago, NewCoins said:

UK21GR2S

I think there's been some clearly incorrect answers on this thread, so I'm happy to correct:

UK21GR2S

• UK - Country (United Kingdom)
  • 21 - Short for the year of release (2021)
  • GR -Short for the frustration caused by the queue (Grrr) 
  • 2S - The amount of time they took to sell out (2 seconds)

8 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Hi.

Does anyone understand how the Royal Mint come up with their product codes? Eg the 2oz silver gothic crown was UK21GR2S. Some of it is obvious, the GR isn't for example. 

Thanks!

I saw from someone’s shared picture of their orders (in the other huge topic) that the code for the 2 Oz gold plain edge gothic crown quartered arms coin is UK21GRPG.

Perhaps:

P = Plain edge

G = Gold

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2021 at 02:44, westminstrel said:

I saw from someone’s shared picture of their orders (in the other huge topic) that the code for the 2 Oz gold plain edge gothic crown quartered arms coin is UK21GRPG.

Perhaps:

P = Plain edge

G = Gold

Easy way to find out, just do a search on RM site for "UK21GRPG":

681357866_RMCodeUK21GRPGNoResults.thumb.jpg.ffdb6aee70a64ade07e0300024853cbb.jpg

Ah well, it was a good try!

😎

Chards

11 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Easy way to find out, just do a search on RM site for "UK21GRPG":

681357866_RMCodeUK21GRPGNoResults.thumb.jpg.ffdb6aee70a64ade07e0300024853cbb.jpg

Ah well, it was a good try!

😎

Do you have any hints Lawrence? 🤔 

Edited by NewCoins