• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Online UK auction site recommendations please?

stackerp5

Hi all, I am looking for online auctions where I can find gold chains.

I've searched on duckduckgo and found a couple of links but haven't got a clue if they're reliable or if there are any better auction houses around.

Can anyone recommend any online auctions where I could find gold & silver chains? Preferably good reputation, low fees etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by stackerp5

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

18 hours ago, MrTT said:

Thank you MrTT, I just noticed it's outside the UK and I'd probably have to pay VAT if they catch it at the border!

Apologies for not specifying!

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

• stackerp5 changed the title to Online UK auction site recommendations please?

You could try signing up to:

https://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb

They consolidate auctions from various local auctions around the country.

What sort - length / width/breadth / weight / Ct are you looking for, or just anything low premium vs spot ?

There's also eBid in Harlow, Essex, they keep limping along with little of consequence whenever I've looked.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

I've been looking at saleroom and the add on fees are definitely worth flagging. My local auction is 3 miles away, but there is a 27% charge on top of the auction price. So a £500 chain will cost you an extra £135. That's quite a chunk on top of the price and whilst I accept its common practice, it's bloomin extortionate in my opinion 

14 minutes ago, BiigT said:

I've been looking at saleroom and the add on fees are definitely worth flagging. My local auction is 3 miles away, but there is a 27% charge on top of the auction price. So a £500 chain will cost you an extra £135. That's quite a chunk on top of the price and whilst I accept its common practice, it's bloomin extortionate in my opinion 

Probably find they make money on seller fees as well. I have been lucky a few times just not my go to.

17 minutes ago, BiigT said:

I use the saleroom as a search engine as such, then goto the the individual auction houses and use their bidding options. This will usually reduce the overall fees slightly compared to the saleroom, but there's no avoiding the extortionate fees.

10 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Have you tried saleroom? I set my filters to 25 mile radius and go and pick it up because the screw you on postage. 

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll check it out :) 

9 hours ago, Coverte said:

https://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb

What sort - length / width/breadth / weight / Ct are you looking for, or just anything low premium vs spot ?

There's also eBid in Harlow, Essex, they keep limping along with little of consequence whenever I've looked.

Thanks for the recommendation! :) I'm looking for 18ct+ male chains, however preferably higher ct.

2 hours ago, BiigT said:

Absolutely extortionate! That's why I'm asking around... Seen some pretty expensive ones and didn't know if they were worth it! Thanks for the heads-up! :)

2 hours ago, Booky586 said:

I use the saleroom as a search engine as such, then goto the the individual auction houses and use their bidding options. This will usually reduce the overall fees slightly compared to the saleroom, but there's no avoiding the extortionate fees.

Ah, yes! Smart... Might look into doing that :) 

5 minutes ago, Bruce06 said:

See if easyliveauction is helpful.

Thanks Bruce, will do! :)