• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 1oz Mexican BU Silver libertad

Hi...

Can anyone tell me the mintage figure for the 2021 1oz libertad??? I've been looking online and am getting nowhere apart from one place (The name evades me) that it's 613.000 which I don't believe as that is way way too high for the Mexican mint....so does anyone know the exact mintage? If infact it has been released yet...Appreciate your knowledge. 

Regards.......

Yes, I believe that is correct also as I have seen that number. They are learning to play more games from the RM and the USA mint methinks! They raised limits on all of the currency and proof issues this year & my guess is that another high year mintage next year and then put in some surprises to push interest and then back to more coins...

If you recall mintages of the 1 oz Libertad coins have well exceeded 1 million on some previous years...

Yes, it's still a lowish mintage not for the La Casa de Moneda de México 

But for 1oz bullion coins in general........taking the Perth mint out of the equasion of course...I've just picked up 10 2021 libertads...might sell five keep five..

Regards

It's in my top 2 favourite coins....yes the premiums are high and alot of stackers steer clear because of the premiums...but I believe they are sleepers and in years to come....people will wish they had bought them at their current price.

I just looked into Libertad prices and they are high 😗 Gold even more so...

Up until now I thought of Libertad as yet another bullion coin. Is it because of the low mintage? Is it rarity on purpose?

Beautiful coins.

The mintages on the libertads have always been low....1998 they minted only 500 of the 1oz bullion.They do a Proof,reverse proof and antique finish, they started minting those in 2015 I believe...all with low mintages.

They are very beautiful coins especially the Gold which I hope to purchase one day.

They are loved by most collectors but as you say premiums are high on these...but I don't mind paying that as I do love them and I think they will always hold their price and value over time.

Regards

Edit on my previous post 14 times in nearly 40 year's the mintage has gone above 1m and the 1998 have the lowest ever yearly mintage with 67k. I have the whole date run up to date in 1oz bu silver and I have a nice gold collection to from the 50 pesos down to the 2 pesos and a whole bunch of other mexican circulated coinage as well.

I just can't get enough of it 🤣

On 06/08/2021 at 12:58, AgD said:

Edit on my previous post 14 times in nearly 40 year's the mintage has gone above 1m and the 1998 have the lowest ever yearly mintage with 67k. I have the whole date run up to date in 1oz bu silver and I have a nice gold collection to from the 50 pesos down to the 2 pesos and a whole bunch of other mexican circulated coinage as well.

I just can't get enough of it 🤣

Where did you get your data? I can only find the mintages for ,P/RP/AF.

THANKS.

1 hour ago, KevinFlynn said:

The Libertad does not carry a year number?

Yes it has the date on the coin but is the only government issue coin that does not carry a denomination as I believe that you can go to the bank of Mexico and they will trade it on what spot is doing at the time