• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Chris silver the 3 coin set as a good record of past appreciation but like everything in life everyone wants a slice of the action perth have introduced the 1/2 previously only available in a three coin set on its own with an 8k mintage stuffed the market for the three coin set no guarantees in this game you have to rethink strategy all the time like chess,going forward in the series 2 the winner might be the 2oz proof with mintage of 2k the lowest

Hi Chris - Are you aware if the mintage for these is limited to 1000 pieces per each of the  12 x years, or is this 1000 sets?

in other words is there potential for more coins to be released in other set formats such as 1/2, 1oz, 2oz etc - thanks 

I'll clarify the story here, there is only 1000 12 coin 2oz sets available ever.You buy the set, currently there are 8 coins in the set.Close to the next 2oz coin to be issued you will receive an email from your Perth mint retailer.In my case it is Silber corner,they give you the choice to buy the next coin or not you are not compelled to buy it.

Re the 3 coin sets 2oz,1oz, 1/2oz there is up to 1000 of each sets to be minted,although the declared mintage of the mouse 3 coin set is 366 so there can only ever be a maximum of 1366 2oz mice.

Re the total of the 2oz coins there can only ever be a maximum of 2000.i'm not going to go through the Perth mint archive but the 2oz  Ox 3 coin sets are also below the 1000 threshold at 340 sets.

So these are pretty rare and IMHO undervalued at the moment especially compared to the Lunar S2 1oz proofs.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I'll clarify the story here, there is only 1000 12 coin 2oz sets available ever.You buy the set, currently there are 8 coins in the set.Close to the next 2oz coin to be issued you will receive an email from your Perth mint retailer.In my case it is Silber corner,they give you the choice to buy the next coin or not you are not compelled to buy it.

Will that mean Motorbikez that people purchased the 8 coin set have the right to get the next 2 oz coin to release prize from Silber corner

Hi Ktp,

Yes if you buy the set Silber corner email you when the next 2oz coin in the set is due to be released. They give you about a month to decide if you want to buy the coin.If you don't want to buy it/continue with the set that is no problem they just put the coin up for sale on their website.The reason they email you is to give you ample warning about the release and 1st chance of buying the coin to keep your set going.

Re the 3 coin sets 2oz,1oz, 1/2oz there is up to 1000 of each sets to be minted,although the declared mintage of the mouse 3 coin set is 366 so there can only ever be a maximum of 1366 2oz mice.

Re the total of the 2oz coins there can only ever be a maximum of 2000.i'm not going to go through the Perth mint archive but the 2oz  Ox 3 coin sets are also below the 1000 threshold at 340 sets.

So these are pretty rare and IMHO undervalued at the moment especially compared to the Lunar S2 1oz proofs.

When you see 2 ounce proof selling on ebay with the 12 coin certs and you look at the number of single 2 ounce proof silber-corner are selling individually (25 rabbits and 20 horse at the moment) It makes you wonder how small the number of actual 12 coin sets there will be in the end

Thank you for the clarification. 

When you see 2 ounce proof selling on ebay with the 12 coin certs and you look at the number of single 2 ounce proof silber-corner are selling individually (25 rabbits and 20 horse at the moment) It makes you wonder how small the number of actual 12 coin sets there will be in the end

Well done Dune69 you have twigged it.I'd wager that at the end of 2018 when you get your hands on the last coin of the series there will be less than 200 sets Worldwide.

It varies Danny according to Perth mint and exchange rates I paid 79.90 euros for the current 2oz goat proof.I can't find the paperwork for the 2oz horse but off the top of my head I think it was 89 euros.

The next one might be 100 euros who can tell.

It varies Danny according to Perth mint and exchange rates I paid 79.90 euros for the current 2oz goat proof.I can't find the paperwork for the 2oz horse but off the top of my head I think it was 89 euros.

The next one might be 100 euros who can tell.

Cheers MB, certainly not extortionate then.

Maybe the 12th will be €250 [emoji12]

Stacker since 2013