• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

I bought a coin I've wanted a while but not seen anywhere.. (at least reasonably priced) 

2008 1/4 proof gold Britannia

I saw bullionbypost had put a couple on ebay for £320, so I looked on their site and they had them for £278

I rang them and asked if they would consider an offer, nice guy,  said ok and marked them down to £265 delivered (still have 3 left)

I think it's an ok price, gold Britannias don't seem nearly as collected as sovereigns, so I would count it as more of a little luxury than an investment. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I bought a coin I've wanted a while but not seen anywhere.. (at least reasonably priced) 

2008 1/4 proof gold Britannia

I saw bullionbypost had put a couple on ebay for £320, so I looked on their site and they had them for £278

I rang them and asked if they would consider an offer, nice guy,  said ok and marked them down to £265 delivered (still have 3 left)

I think it's an ok price, gold Britannias don't seem nearly as collected as sovereigns, so I would count it as more of a little luxury than an investment.

I got one as well but £2 cheaper for £263

I sometimes wonder if some of the coins we buy new now will ever be super sought after, or was the buying market much smaller before the price rises leading up to 2011?

I wonder the same too.

Only one way to find out..........

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Another House........

For renting out? Smart move. PM's are nice but they don't produce any income.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Great move keep it up. I have few friends in property business. You will end up with good income when you retire. Just be careful to who you rent it out

Yes it is always a sort of gamble who you pick we are going for working families.

It is a 3 bed semi in a very nice area, i.e. a very good rental area, and hopefully if we ever have to sell the price will go up, but it is for one of the granddaughters why I need more!!!!

what part of the country did you buy in? were not tempted to use the banks money instead of all own cash,just in case there is a property crash.

They are in the North East.

But near to where I live, it is a good rental property, and a nice area.

I am literally 3 minutes from the North Yorkshire Moors.

I have been tempted to buy a house to rent out ,but not quite sure whats going to happen to the housing market. I can buy for cash,but not sure if i would want to put all my money into property, even though i refurbish houses for my friends that have bought to rent out.

I think there is something that also happens in the property market as with other markets, when there are cheap mortgages the rental market suffers because people all over can afford to buy, but the inverse of this is when there are no mortgagees or they are being very strict who they give them too, then the rental side rises again.

I hope again like my PM's never to sell them just pass them on.

I think its called taking the rough with the smooth :)

Ask me again in ten years time.