• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

just ordered a 1 ducat coin   now it could be doocat or duckat   or even duckit  not sure , anyhow its my first austrian gold coin first of many euro coins i hope  next is the 20 corona and then the 2 rand then the edward v11 sov  not that there any better than each other  , its just they go up in price as i can afford em

Edited by craig12

does anyone know where i can get the cases as seen in some you tube videos for the austrian gold coins (theyre sort of 2" square with a black foam surround to reveal the centre of both sides of the the coin seen through both sides

or would the guy have bought the cases and cut his own foam to suit

let me know how are those 2nd kuality ase...

The 2nd Choice/Quality ASEs I ordered were 2nd hand and both were 2012. They were very, very slightly yellow compared with the 2014 (looked like they had been handled) and had a couple of very minor marks, but other than that were very good. I do like the ASEs, I think it's the diameter. I think out of all 16 1oz silver coins I own my top 3 favourites are:

1) Panda

2) Salt Croc

3) ASE

I thought I had better buy some bullion if I was continue to post on here.

Not sure about generic, and as my main concern is value I obviously ended up looking at the Maples.

However, the 10oz Koala's currently at STG only work out at £0.19 per oz more than the Maples, but comparing buy back prices, the difference on the 10oz Koala is £13, whilst the Maples were over £2 per oz coin.

Sorry to bore you with my train of thought, but anyway I went with the 10oz Koalas as I imagine they will have better re-sale potential in anything other than a doomsday scenario. Price per Oz all in is just sub £14.

Comments good or bad very welcome.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

What for me is a substantial purchase today and almost doubles my silver stack.

50 maples.

50 libertads.

And as a treat 1 two ounce lunar horse.

My current plan of action is to save till I have enough for 100oz again before making my next purchase, hopefully next month.

The two ounce lunar horse is definitely a bargain and one of my favourite coins.. Got myself a few with a few to flip next year

I was offered two options with eBay £125 or bank transfer £121, I took the £125 option a little bit of insurance!!! :rolleyes:

Seems to be the going rate doesn't it, around there or over

I would like one for £110 or under but don't know if that's going to be possible unless Atkinsons stick one up at some point and i manage to get it first

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@Kman

I think for what it is it is a reasonable price, but I am a long-termer so it should be a good investment.

Yep yep

Tell you another one id like, 1989 sov 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Very good buy mate, if you can get an older sovereign cheaper than you can get the most modern one then in my eyes that's the best.

They'll all have some wear, i've seen dealers treat these things badly too so that's expected, but it still looks in great shape to me!

Edited by Ares

Cheers ares:) I Figured that it was cheaper than Atkinsons "best value" bullion content only coins by about £8 so as long as its genuine cant go too wrong with it.

I must admit though I am not up on gold and will need to learn how to tell the genuine coins from the fakes..It looks right to me but I will pop down the jewellers to be sure. 

Edited by madhatter