• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GoldSilver.be

Received my order without any problems. Paid using CurrencyFair and they took about 2 -3 days to send out after payment. Very well packed but I don't know who handled deliver in the UK as they just left it in my greenhouse!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Received my order without any problems. Paid using CurrencyFair and they took about 2 -3 days to send out after payment. Very well packed but I don't know who handled deliver in the UK as they just left it in my greenhouse!

Mine came by Yodel

2 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

On their site and invoice it does say shipping by UPS -Fedex - Electum Express,  I assumed delivery would be with UPS like STG and not Yodel, unless Electum Express is Yodel as I've never heard of them.

Interesting. i think GS,be are owned by someone called Electrum, I'm sure it was on their bank details.

• 2 weeks later...

I have placed order with them two weeks ago knowing I will wait for 2016 Koalas for 2-3 weeks and they have already sent me two notes (their own initiative) reassuring me they should get them soon and my package will be shipped and thanking me for my patience - I think this is what customer service should look like!

Just a word for those (like me...) who may have thought that if you picked up in person you could dodge the postage fees. I asked them that question earlier this week - only to be told that in person pickups only possible for orders of over €10,000. That put an end to my plans to nip down to Wavre and pick up a few Kookaburras on the cheap!!! 

Fair enough, they probably don't want any random punters walking around unannounced.  Joking aside - they look to be well stocked, although I have not yet ordered anything from them. 

No - as there is not much I can do about it: their choice what to set as their limit for on-site pickups I guess. It was just that I was close to the location in Belgium and thought it would be neat to check out what they had in person (and probably would have bought some kooks). If I was making an order over 10,000€ I don't think I would really worry about the postage!!

• 2 weeks later...

Placed an order with goldsilver last week and it has taken longer than expected for delivery. I rattled an email off to them tonight fully expecting a response tomorrow during office hours. To my surprise I received a reply tonight stating that my parcel has been held up with the courier for some reason and to give it a couple more days and apologising for the delay. Good to see they are available in the evening however slightly concerned that the couriers they use may not be the best given information on previous posts. Unsure who they are actually using, they have given a tracking number via the bpost website but it does not say who the couriers are. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I had a poor experience with them also similar to yours - ordered on a Thursday afternoon, not shipped on Monday so emailed and was told they were dealing with a lot of orders and asked 'was it urgent'(wtf) - up until this they either shipped that day or next - anyhow they shipped on that Monday and I arrived ok but wasn't impressed with the reply and have used EMK since. I believe goldsilver used the Belgium national carrier which has been privatised a number of years ago - would use again though as there premium and range of stock seem good compared to alternatives 

Seems to be Yodel in the UK.

I used them because they had a better range of what I wanted than STG and also were cheaper for most items. Handled it very smoothly but for the final part of the delivery in the UK.

Parcel arrived today by yodel! Unfortunately I am away for several weeks so will have to get the other half to check the contents. She doesn't know her au from her ag. Will have to do a FaceTime me thinks. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Placed an order with goldsilver last week and it has taken longer than expected for delivery. I rattled an email off to them tonight fully expecting a response tomorrow during office hours. To my surprise I received a reply tonight stating that my parcel has been held up with the courier for some reason and to give it a couple more days and apologising for the delay. Good to see they are available in the evening however slightly concerned that the couriers they use may not be the best given information on previous posts. Unsure who they are actually using, they have given a tracking number via the bpost website but it does not say who the couriers are. 

If you are unsure which courier has your package. You can check it here.
I have used that site in the past and works fine to find information.

http://www.trackitonline.ru

Yodel will not deliver bullion unless otherwise agreed!

link     http://www.yodel.co.uk/prohibited-and-restricted-items/

IMO Yodel  delivery drivers cannot be trusted to deliver expensive items as they have been found to leave items in the most inappropriate places and not get signatures.       

I do not want my bullion left at my neighbours house either. 

This is a shame as Goldsilver.be could be a good company to do business with.

Archived