• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint 1kg Silver Bar

NewCoins

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I need to be a premium member to buy on here right ?

No but the best deals go to premium members as you see the listings 3 days early. With standard membership, you get the less better deals

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

No. But not being a member you will have to wait 3 days to view the latest sales listings, by which time the best deals are normally long gone.

You could alternatively place a wanted listing state your budget and see if you get any offers that you like.

i've hovered over 1kg bars and coins over the last few months but never pressed that darn button yet... i will at some point but can never decide if a want a doorstop or a CD sized coin lol

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

i've hovered over 1kg bars and coins over the last few months but never pressed that darn button yet... i will at some point but can never decide if a want a doorstop or a CD sized coin lol

Well just be mindful of how many you buy. Bear in mind they arent CGT free, so if you buy a stack -  the tax man can come knocking, thats why Im a brits and sovs man!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

18 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Well just be mindful of how many you buy. Bear in mind they arent CGT free, so if you buy a stack -  the tax man can come knocking, thats why Im a brits and sovs man!

Agreed, it will probably just be a one off for me to add to my collection, i do prefer to stack my brits and any collections wont probably add up to more than the personal allowances as there's not that many i want to collect, QB's, some aussie stuff, pressburg mint and germania etc.. after that its buy to flip or to stack brits... if i get more gold it will be either sovs or brits too..   

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

No but the best deals go to premium members as you see the listings 3 days early. With standard membership, you get the less better deals

2 hours ago, NewCoins said:

I also think its worth every penny to upgrade and for a few bob a month you get access to so much more and the subs can easily be soaked up with savings you make on here

I did nearly sign up a week or so ago. The thing I don't like is entering my card details directly into a forum. Would have preferred a merchant etc.

I am casting no doubt at all about the integrity of anyone running this site of course, just to be clear. 

I did nearly sign up a week or so ago. The thing I don't like is entering my card details directly into a forum. Would have preferred a merchant etc.

I am casting no doubt at all about the integrity of anyone running this site of course, just to be clear. 

Well as a member for over 2 years I can alleviate any of those fears for you.  I have had no issues on the reoccurring payment and that you can cancel anytime!

And for the record they email you every month just prior when the payment comes out

Thing is with this site though is there are some really wealthy people on here and its a forum built on trust, all who i have came across since joining here are protective of their reputation and wouldn't jeopardize their membership on here.. its so easy in this day and age to get complacent about personal security with personal details etc but it can go the other way and make you over cautious too.. i was on here a couple of weeks and upgraded and had no trouble.. all your decision though mate, no-one will knock you for it... 

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Well as a member for over 2 years I can alleviate any of those fears for you.  I have had no issues on the reoccurring payment and that you can cancel anytime!

And for the record they email you every month just prior when the payment comes out

Been here for a year. Would second this.

17 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

You can pay a one off payment, it's cheaper. 

Ordering direct from baird and co usually gets you the best price on 250g+ silver bars. Their shipping is high but it's still cheaper than going elsewhere. If you're based near London you can opt to collect which will cut the £22 charge and I'm sure last time j checked it was in the 700s for a 1kg bar with shipping and VAT 

You can always go over the top on personal security getting a 2nd account just for online / shop spending I have 1 for day to day spending and move what I need to when I need to and the other consists of wages/bulk of fiat means if I do get cloned I loose maybe £50

21 hours ago, NewCoins said:

If you are anxious about putting your direct debit card details, use a credit card, with the lowest credit limit. This will increase your confidence.😊 But no worries, everything is safe here.

Cheers.

Stefan.

Thanks all.

I have signed up. Been also looking at all of the suggestions and still undecided exactly what it is I want to buy. 

Whether it's bars or bullion coins or the lowest premium possible, I have been reading up.

I collect coins occasionally and that's what started me off. The una and the lion bars were my first buy of something that wasn't a coin.

Perhaps its that cross over that I like. Those mandalorian bars peaked my interested but don't seem available for near cost anymore.

Archived