• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

UK Dealers

rlingford

Hi all,

As I'm new to precious metals, I'm wondering what peoples experience has been in working with different UK bullion dealers. I'm seeing a lot of different options, Baird, Atkinsons, Bullion House, the list could go on. 

Just looking for some insight in to experiences that you've all had, and who would be reputable in going forward with. Would you say it's worth dealing with the same folks consistently, and developing that relationship, or just freestyling it and grabbing deals off the forum or wherever they pop-up?

Thank you!

The forum is a great place to buy and also sell.

There are quite a few bullion dealers to deal with as you mention a few. The ones I’ve bought from and have been good are Atkinson’s, Sharps Pixley, HGM’s, Britannia Coin Company and Chards. All provided a good service.

Shop around, that’s part of the fun.

Thanks for the input!

I got myself in to a situation where I ordered my first silver coin from a dealer a few weeks ago, and now I have an account manager trying to sell me graded gold coins every other day. Feels a bit pushy to me.

4 minutes ago, rlingford said:

Thanks for the input!

I got myself in to a situation where I ordered my first silver coin from a dealer a few weeks ago, and now I have an account manager trying to sell me graded gold coins every other day. Feels a bit pushy to me.

It’s not Harrington and Byrne by any chance is it?

I typically use Atkinson's for my orders. Never had an issue with them or a delivery. 

Wouldn't like someone phoning me up trying to sell me more stuff though.  It's hard enough resisting the urge as it is lol.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Erolroller said:

Silver is going into free fall. It looks like I made a foolish investment. Here's me still waiting after all these years for the economy to collapse, fiat currency to implode and hyper inflation to rage across the nation. And what are the chances of that ever happening? Zero! 

OK, I get it now. I bought into the hype. I followed the savvy silver crowd thinking I was smarter than the average investor by thinking I made a once in a life time invest before all doom. That I will be able to wipe my mortgage out when silver hits 3 figures 

I was sucked in and s h i t out by the great silver investment quasi scam. I ****ed up, I made a fool hardy invest. I feel like a knob. Oh and I don't give a rats ass about how beautiful silver maybe, about how I love to look at my stash and about how much I believe this is an undervalued asset. I invested in it to get rich. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Well it was a bullshit investment. 

How much did you invest my friend goodness me, whatever it was keep that silver in a safe place and I’m sure at some point in the future you will get your money back or make some money, but NEVER invest everything into the one assets.

gold and silver bugs such as Jim Rickards state this it’s a smaller % of your portfolio.

at some point in the future gold and silver will reset to a higher value as the currency system is dead, it’s just a matter of time.

but no way will silver hit the thousands people think it will rise at some point though.

8 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

How much did you invest my friend goodness me, whatever it was keep that silver in a safe place and I’m sure at some point in the future you will get your money back or make some money, but NEVER invest everything into the one assets.

gold and silver bugs such as Jim Rickards state this it’s a smaller % of your portfolio.

at some point in the future gold and silver will reset to a higher value as the currency system is dead, it’s just a matter of time.

but no way will silver hit the thousands people think it will rise at some point though.

Yeah I've heard the "Max 10% of equity in metals" thrown around quite a bit. And it's what I do.

Not sure if this is the thread BUT, I bought gold from 3 different dealers recently and Chards being one of them are very slow.

I ordered coins in mid Feb and now been told they won’t arrive until mid April by Chards.

i ordered from Aitkinson Mid March and I already have the coins.

very poor stuff from Chards and I don’t think I will ever place an order with them again, who does everyone else use?

I ordered from Chards on the 8th March and still waiting, got the automated email saying it’ll be 7th April at the earliest this afternoon, but when I ordered they did say will can take up to 6 weeks so I can’t complain. Baird & Co took about a 2 weeks for me back in early Feb.

I guess from my perspective as long as it arrives at the price I paid for it I don’t mind, I wasn’t planning on flipping it quick anyway.

24 minutes ago, Fitz1309 said:

I ordered from Chards on the 8th March and still waiting, got the automated email saying it’ll be 7th April at the earliest this afternoon, but when I ordered they did say will can take up to 6 weeks so I can’t complain. Baird & Co took about a 2 weeks for me back in early Feb.

I guess from my perspective as long as it arrives at the price I paid for it I don’t mind, I wasn’t planning on flipping it quick anyway.

I’m holding for a very long time it’s just frustrating especially when Atkinson are shipping out a lot quicker 

Archived