• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Logging in via a mobile??

• Founder & Administrator
2 hours ago, ATaylor said:

I cannot seem to log in via my mobile as it blocks silver forums?? anyone else have this problem or is it something on my end??

I have moved this topic to the forum section in regards to questions about using the forum.

You shouldn't have any issues whilst on a mobile device, I use a mobile device all the time and I know that some members exclusively only use it on a mobile.

What is the exact issue you are facing? Are you able to share a screen recording / photos?

Have you tried clearing your phones cookies & cache to see if that fixes it?

And you aren't running an ad blocker on your browser? 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 6 months later...

@ATaylordid u have any luck mate ?

am having a similar issue, I can only login with WiFi . I’ve tried everything Google has said to correct this ie cookies etc and still no luck 

I just upgraded my iPhone and the issue has carried over to it 

logging in via email isn’t working either 

Any suggestions buddy other then the usual ones ? 

cheers 

Edited by magpie79

thanks for the reply @ATaylor

it is a pain in the ass, worst part is missing out on sales while at work ! 

I will see what my IT guy says and let ya know if he comes up with anything

1 hour ago, Danny-boy said:

I remember the good old days when TSF was available on Tapatalk.

Happy times..............

I See this in some older threads being mentioned 

It definitely feels like everything was better in the good old days 😂 

Edited by magpie79

• Founder & Administrator

I know that some visitors / members are unable to access the forum whilst on work wifi, this is unfortunately due their work places network settings blocking certain websites / regions. Some IT departments even blanket ban  whole countries! Our current servers are in Finland. 

Unfortunately if TSF is belling blocked by your work place, then there is not much you can do, accessing via a VPN or Proxy may work, but likely may be blocked. The best solution I have would be to use your own device, such as a mobile or tablet with a sim card, and to use your network's 4G etc connection, and not your work's wifi. 

If you are noticing you are unable to connect on 4G/5G then it may be worth checking with your provider to see if they are blocking it.

If you are able to send a screen recording to me in private messages, so I can see exactly what you are experiencing I may have more of an idea.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 1 year later...

I thought it made sense to hijack this thread rather than starting another.

I only use a laptop, however, I'm going away for a few days and may wish to charge up & blow the dust off my horrid mobile 'phone so I can keep an eye on here. Do I need to download an "app" (can't stand that name)? Or will I have to add the web address to a browser?
I'll be over wifi only as I have no data & no contract. (packed in using a mobile early in 2020, best thing I ever did).

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

18 hours ago, Earthmetal said:

I thought it made sense to hijack this thread rather than starting another.

I only use a laptop, however, I'm going away for a few days and may wish to charge up & blow the dust off my horrid mobile 'phone so I can keep an eye on here. Do I need to download an "app" (can't stand that name)? Or will I have to add the web address to a browser?
I'll be over wifi only as I have no data & no contract. (packed in using a mobile early in 2020, best thing I ever did).

More often than not, I access TSF on a mixture of a tablet and mobile phone. There’s no need to download an App and I’ve found navigating through the website and keeping an eye things absolutely fine. I’m not even sure this is an App.

As you say, bookmark the site for convenience and there shouldn’t be any issues.

Yeah I've tried it now and the website comes up automatically as a mobile-friendly version, it really is nothing like the version I usually use.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2022 at 10:58, Earthmetal said:

Yeah I've tried it now and the website comes up automatically as a mobile-friendly version, it really is nothing like the version I usually use.

How did you end up getting on, everything go ok?

3 minutes ago, codenamedtango said:

How did you end up getting on, everything go ok?

No, the bloody thing wouldn't connect to the wifi where I was, meaning I missed out on some sovereigns being sold by @1stsovereign
I think I'll stick to the laptop!

1 minute ago, Earthmetal said:

No, the bloody thing wouldn't connect to the wifi where I was, meaning I missed out on some sovereigns being sold by @1stsovereign
I think I'll stick to the laptop!

Ah! Rubbish. Sorry to hear that!

Me? Chrome, but the issue was that the 'phone was blocked from the router, as was my iPod.