• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone ever used Sterling Mint?

Connor

The dragon is facing the wrong way, it makes it look like George has snuck up on the poor bugger whilst it was minding it's own business instead of facing off with it in combat...

If it was minted for the NHS this particular one is a bit confusing as it presents as a military commemoration but they apparently do a version for everyone looking at their site so there is one for nurses etc.

As for the Sterling Mint they seem to be like the London Mint Office/Franklin Mint et al, i.e. high premium pieces aimed at collectors of such things rather than your average bullion/numismatic coin enthusiast. If you like it though and it floats your boat then that's all that matters subjectively! If it comes to reselling it I reckon it would struggle to realise much more than spot price for the silver content, but then if you're buying for enjoyment then that's not the point.

2 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

The dragon is facing the wrong way, it makes it look like George has snuck up on the poor bugger whilst it was minding it's own business instead of facing off with it in combat...

If it was minted for the NHS this particular one is a bit confusing as it presents as a military commemoration but they apparently do a version for everyone looking at their site so there is one for nurses etc.

As for the Sterling Mint they seem to be like the London Mint Office/Franklin Mint et al, i.e. high premium pieces aimed at collectors of such things rather than your average bullion/numismatic coin enthusiast. If you like it though and it floats your boat then that's all that matters subjectively! If it comes to reselling it I reckon it would struggle to realise much more than spot price for the silver content, but then if you're buying for enjoyment then that's not the point.

I think they've tried to make one for everyone mate 😂 I see what you mean about the George and the dragon though, I didn't even spot that

Complete-2-oz-collection-v1.jpg

I'm wondering if they aren't actually allowed to replicate the exact design without permission? Maybe its meant to be symbolic.

•  

That is odd, I don't remember seeing another coin with the dragon being slayed in that manner, kind of adds to its uniqueness!

They have added one that says 'observed lockdown' so there is literally something for everyone 😂

•  

As a "key/essential worker" myself I might get one as a late Christmas present to myself. Something to remember this whole ordeal by. 

2 hours ago, Fadeingstar said:

As a "key/essential worker" myself I might get one as a late Christmas present to myself. Something to remember this whole ordeal by. 

You mean that there is a chance any of us will ever forget it? 🙂

If I had a choice between a medal and a lobotomy, I wouldn't choose the medal.

23 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

You mean that there is a chance any of us will ever forget it? 🙂

If I had a choice between a medal and a lobotomy, I wouldn't choose the medal.

If I had a lobotomy, people probably wouldn't be able to notice any difference. Might as well treat myself 😂

I bought one last month - just as a little token for years down the line. They were more appealing than the “I survived 2020” bullion I have seen elsewhere haha!

I have no plan to sell it. I see it as more of a keepsake.

33 minutes ago, Elliefran said:

I bought one last month - just as a little token for years down the line. They were more appealing than the “I survived 2020” bullion I have seen elsewhere haha!

I have no plan to sell it. I see it as more of a keepsake.

Would you be ok sticking a picture up for a look? 

1 minute ago, Connor said:

This thread isn't about political views mate, it is purely about the aesthetics of a piece of silver.

Hear - Hear, theres already enough of them on this forum.

3 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Bimetallic

I always find it useful to know something about the subject before posting a view. I don't know enough enough about ex President Trump's gay tendencies to comment. I probably know as much about that as you do about the NHS.

Hit the nail on the head!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived