• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

American Silver Eagle

EddieC

I believe I read they will mint some 2021 coins in the ASE current design and then at some point next year it will switch to the new design, so it would be good to get both next year if that's true.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read a confirmation of both variants in 2021 - https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/mint-confirms-2021-american-eagle-coins-will-have-old-and-new-designs

The United States Mint plans to issue multiple 2021 American Eagle gold and silver coins, some bearing the current, original designs, and others bearing the newly approved reverses.

The Mint revealed new designs for the American Eagle gold and silver coins on Oct. 1, announcing that they will be issued in mid-2021. However, they declined to provide details about the transition from the old to new designs.

Now, Mint officials confirm that, when sales of the American Eagle gold and silver bullion coins begin in January, authorized purchasers will receive coins bearing the original obverse and reverse designs as introduced in 1986.

“The Mint will continue to strike and sell bullion coins that feature the original designs until the coins with the new reverse designs are released,” U.S. Mint spokesman Michael White said Oct. 21. “We anticipate bullion coins with new designs will be released in mid-2021.”

12 hours ago, HGr said:

I will get a tube of each I think. 

Does anyone know when the 2021 old design is due to be released? 

Apmex has them on pre-sale with expected shipment 11th January, 2021 (for both gold and silver) - they usually are one of the first retailers to get these I believe.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.07.20 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm also going to be ordering one of the WWII privy mark silver proof ASEs, those go on sale next week.  They finally added a price to the page ($83, blech).  I usually try to spend as little as possible to stack silver, but every once in a while I'll pay premiums for stuff I like (Perth mint pirate coins, etc.)  Limited mintage of 75,000 on these, not sure if it's super low, but seems quite low compared to standard ASE mintage numbers.  

https://catalog.usmint.gov/end-of-world-war-ii-75th-anniversary-american-eagle-silver-proof-coin-20XF.html?cm_mmc=ExactTarget-_-Campaign-_-20201029EndofWWIITeaserEmail_Prospect-_-img-2&utm_source=Campaign&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_content=img-2&utm_campaign=20201029EndofWWIITeaserEmail_Prospect&cm_mmca1=Marketing&cm_mmca2=Prospect&cm_mmca3=&cc=WWII

12 hours ago, jultorsk said:

Apmex has them on pre-sale with expected shipment 11th January, 2021 (for both gold and silver) - they usually are one of the first retailers to get these I believe.

Yeah, I just got a single coin myself, sounds like the new design isn't to come out until later in the year like after summer sometime.  

Archived