• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I bought fake ASE's!

Hi everyone, not been on here in a while. Not really had money to buy PM's so i dont like looking at deals i cant get involved with =P

I was curious to see how much a 10oz QB Unicorn was selling for now as id quite like another one at some point. I used eBay as a quick price reference and managed to stumble across 1oz ASE's for £4.75 each including postage. Now obviously it screams fake and you would think no one in their right mind would buy these. 

However, the seller had sold around 60 of them and only appeared to have 5 left. Knowing i have real eagles to take reference from and knowing eBay would refund my money if i prove these to be fake i decided to take the last 5 off the market. Unfortunately the seller listed another 5 after i bought mines, it seems he kept it at "Only 5 remaining" to increase the FOMO, and it was working...

Anyway, my coins arrived on Tuesday...

Even in the plastic coin capsules they arrived in, they were extremely magnetic. The weight was wrong and they dont ring clear when struck like pure silver does.

When you compare a real eagle with the counterfeit it was painfully obvious how fake it was but with that being said, if you dont already have real eagles or real silver in general, these could maybe fool you.

I contacted eBay immediately using their live chat system and informed the representative of what was going on. I advised it would be a good idea to track down the other buyers and inform them, whether they done that or not is beyond my control. The sellers page has since been removed although the last i seen he had managed to sell 300 of these fake eagles. By the time my order arrived bad feedback had already started to appear on his page about the coins being fake.

I know this is a long winded post about something that is extremely obvious to people on here, but it would appear that there are people out there willing to buy these things, and most likely they will end up using this forum as i did when i first started researching PM's, so the coins could end up on here at some point...

Keep your eyes peeled!

Ive included pictures, fake eagles are on the right, real eagles on the left!

DSC_4688.jpg

DSC_4682.jpg

DSC_4687.jpg

Thanks for the post.

If you are looking for a good place to buy - definitely look at the forum trade section.

I have done a lot of business here - more than my feedback suggests, and have only been very happy with the purchases.

Take care and I am sure you will get your money back.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

No problem!

Ive bought from people on here a few times, ive also bought on eBay several times with no issues.

I think theres a common misconception about everything on eBay being a scam but thats simply not true, all its takes is a bit of research and common sense.

Ive got my money back already and i dont think il need to send the coins back, so i scored 5 free coin capsules and some fake coins.

Im considering doing it again as ive since found another chinese seller flogging cheap eagles...

3 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

I bought one of those fakes to give me a reference point to compare my real silver to.

That was also something i considered, not bad having some fakes lying about to cut up and destroy just for educational purposes.

With that said, i have 5 of these things, if someone wants one for research purposes il send you it for free if you cover postage costs.

2 minutes ago, scotland210590 said:

That was also something i considered, not bad having some fakes lying about to cut up and destroy just for educational purposes.

With that said, i have 5 of these things, if someone wants one for research purposes il send you it for free if you cover postage costs.

Very nice of you sir. I have already bought one though but thank you!

I know you know this now but at that price it should've been an instant "nope!" Real ASEs never go for spot price, forget below it. Not even generic rounds are close to that cheap.

Remember: if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

THANK YOU!  for the hi-rez pictures...they really make the differences very obvious.  The devil is in the details and your pictures show it very well!  How did they look with a 4x glass?

I could not find any disclaimer to the description stating 1 oz fine silver but the exact opposite with dimensions and a picture of the coin in vernier callipers.
Should be outlawed.

1518418557_Screenshot2020-07-25at11_27_03.thumb.png.e7434ada10bb17a7af3f13bfa7c28fc7.png

281433037_Screenshot2020-07-25at11_27_26.thumb.png.6ba587cbbc42ffaa80d8d3cbfe5fb8b4.png

Archived