• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

10 mexican pesos 1959

werewolf

Hello!

I've found these 2 coins for sale yesterday evening at a price below spot. From a guy on a website just like e-bay, only local (from Romania). With conversion, it's 328,4 GBP/coin.

What do you think ? The one on the left appears to have a red spot, but I read this is a normal occurrence. Also, the one on the right seems to be brighter but I suspect it's because of the light. I'm planning on meeting the guy today and going to a jewelry store to have it check for 22 k purity. If it checks out, "shut up and take my money" is on my mind.

Thanks!

image;s=1000x700

image;s=1000x700

Update : The seller does not want to meet because of self-isolation (?!) , we're both in the same city. Makes me wonder why did he post or re-post(as he says) his items on the website last night....He wants to wait until after the end of state of emergency in Romania. Whenever that may be...What a coin-tease 😄

11 minutes ago, werewolf said:

He wants to wait until after the end of state of emergency in Romania. Whenever that may be...

Olx and Lajumate are full of fakes, be very careful.

5 minutes ago, daca said:

Olx and Lajumate are full of fake, be very careful.

Let's hope so..I know, but I would never buy without checking if it's actually gold. Or are you saying it could be "fake" as in fake mexican peso, but still gold ?

20 minutes ago, werewolf said:

Or are you saying it could be "fake" as in fake mexican peso, but still gold ?

Not real gold, plated or clad pieces.

I've reported  them with many occasion, however the platforms disable only the post not the account and they just repost the items.

L E

Once someone try to sell me on OLX a 1915 4 ducat coin that weighed 14.8 gr 🤣

50 minutes ago, Mkman123 said:

If you do buy them please use sigma or some sort of device to check!

I have never bought from regular unknown people until now, but if I do I will either do the acid test by myself (i have what I need) or check it at a regular pawn shop/jewelry store here, they will do it for about 2 pounds. 

47 minutes ago, werewolf said:

I have never bought from regular unknown people until now, but if I do I will either do the acid test by myself (i have what I need) or check it at a regular pawn shop/jewelry store here, they will do it for about 2 pounds. 

An acid test on a coin destroys it in my eyes. I wouldn't buy it after such a test. 

4 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

An acid test on a coin destroys it in my eyes. I wouldn't buy it after such a test. 

The acid is not applied on the coin directly, the coin is slightly scratched on the edge on a tester stone and the traces are analyzed using acid. For a bullion coin, in an used state, I don't think it does any damage in regards to value. But I may be wrong, that's why I'm on this forum..to learn stuff.

Archived