• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Brexit coins

Hennypenny

13 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

This is so true . I sold a coin album a while back with a few coins in ( nothing special or of great value ) , the buyer sent the album back saying they didn't like the album and guess what it was empty. Nothing I could do about it :( I messaged the buyer asking why they hadn't returned the coins? They said they had not received any coins just the album. So I messaged them again asking why their reason for returning was because they didn't like the album when in fact their reason should have been because there were parts of the order missing ? They didn't come back with an answer.

As the buyer had ticked the box to say it was faulty and not up to standard Ebay automatically awarded them the chance to return the package without even opening a case . So I ended up paying for the return postage giving a refund and loosing the contents of the album plus the initial postage . This is how Ebay works for sellers now :( 

Sellers - film the boxing up of your coins before sending.

Buyers - film the unboxing. Ensure it hasn’t been tampered with prior to opening.

Have evidence and protect yourself 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

My mate recieved his yesterday, I got to see it today, I must say I'm a litle disappointed and underwhelmed by it, the packaging is nice I will give them that, but the coin really is small, I was expecting it to be an oversized 50p, maybe 50% to 75% larger than the 50p you find in change, not the exact same size, it's probably me though this is the first silver proof 50p I've ever seen in the flesh so for all I know they could well be meant to be the exact same size as a standard 50p.  They come with a numbered certificate, My mate's is in the 40'00's I think it's in the 43,000's and something - I can' remember the exact number off of the certificate, nor can I remember what the mintage number is.

5 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

The silver proof is no longer sold out...available again!! I wonder how they do it.

The coin was delayed due to over demand over such a short period of time, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot or at least some of the people who ordered them cancelled their order due to the delay, as in once they got their money back because of the delay, they found something else to spend it on, and cancelled their order because they couldn't afford to spend another £60+ this month on coins, or figured that other people would also cancel their order due to the delay, and that they would just reorder when it was availble again/they had the cash in their precious metals budget.

I highly doubt that they would increase mintage numbers, that could open them up to a world of legal issues the least of wich being false advertising/misleading the public for financial gain.

5 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

maybe they're getting sneaky and minting a few more on the quiet?

Do you know how to keep a secret between 3 people? Shoot 2 of them.

It takes more than one person just to run the machine, add in things like packaging, QC, order allocation, actually sending out the orders, and that's a lot of people that you're banking on keeping a secret, if the Royal Mint mint more coins than the advertised mintage at the very least that is a fraud charge, that's a world of legal problems if you get caught, especially for an entity such as the Royal Mint who are entrusted with minting Brittish currency.

How many people would you trust to keep something secret that if it ever got out would see you facing serious legal problems,, huge fines and potentially jail time? I know how many I do, and it's less than 2.

Archived