• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 10 oz Kookaburra coin

fastlanwan

Is the 2018 10 oz Kookaburra live up to the potential of a bird in flight on the 10 oz coin? I've only seen pictures and in person the coins can look much better or worse which is why I ask.

I have started to buy 10 oz coins that I really like the subject matter and quality. A bird in fight has that capability but the details and quality make all the difference between a possible piece of art and another generic round.

I would like your opinions on 10 oz in general as a larger canvas for more details and if so which you see the public appreciating at some point?

2018-australia-1-oz-silver-kookaburra-bu_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I recently bought that 10oz Kook on here. I'm a huge fan and collector of the 1oz and this was my first 10oz and it blew me away, I think it's lovely. But then I am a Kook fan and I liked the coin already.

Kooks are not generic rounds generally and this one is no different, and I think at issue price (or a bit more for a year or two back) they do quite well (if not spectacularly) as one of the more popular ongoing series.

I was definitely more impressed with it in hand than I thought I would be.

As for a bird in flight and art - I am not sure this is particularly realistic, it is very stylized. It is also very striking. It appears to be missing a leg which may or may not bother you. If you want a more 'realistic' bird in flight you'd have to go back some years in the Kook series.

I'm a huge fan of ten ounce coins.  They're fun to hold, you can see more details on the coin. They're also great in SHTF situation if you have to cross a border and they have some rule that's favorable toward coins and not bars.

I have several ten ounce Kooks and the 2019 is just spectacular in 10 oz. form. I never see a 10 oz 2018 Kook available. I'd love to have one.

I just bought the 5oz 2019 high reliëf last week. That kilo is very nice! I’m thinking about selling some of my coins and get the kilo proof because the design is awsome and 2019 was a special year for me. 

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, AgCoyote said:

I wonder if there will ever be a 100 oz. Kookaburra/Koala or Magnificent Maples coin. I think it'd be pretty cool.

There are 10 kilo Lunars

795B3736-2DB5-42BD-AFC0-6A055944AF03.jpeg

Archived