• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Close to spot - PayPal Silver Dealers in EU ?

Dexter

Hi,

As said i plan to put money towards silver and gold to somehow halt or at least slow down my "problem" with flipping watches.
I'm looking for dealer suggestions that offer vat free or with vat gold and silver in the European union at low prices, no coins just bars as close to spot as possible - with Paypal payment as an option.
I do not want to go trough with withdrawing money to my bank account, waiting a week and then sending sepa or iban transfers to get my items.

So if members could please list some dealers that sell gold and silver bars and accept paypal I'd be more than thankful.

If you're looking for PayPal then you're looking to pay 3 - 5 % premium before you start with the metal price.

A lot of the smaller German dealers sell both from their website and on eBay.de, if you found one on eBay you could contact them to see if you can get a deal. I'm not sure how many would offer PayPal as an option from their websites but certainly a few years ago it was rare to find one even on eBay, there are some now. They always preferred to deal with bank transfer.

You can usually pay using transfer wise which doesn't necessarily involve "withdrawing money to my bank account" whatever that means. You can pay using a  debit card or direct transfer from your account, it's pretty much instant to Europe.

You can find lots of dealers listed on gold.de

However all this relates to the UK, I'm not sure if this would be possible from Croatia, you may need local information.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

To get my money to my local bank account from PayPal i need to make a withdrawal request. 
Inbound transactions get a fee put on them of around 5€ each so spending my PayPal funds and paying a premium almost is the same as paying with money from my bank account in the end - just less hassle for me.
I didn't think of ebay as a good source of silver and gold - might be worth taking a look and asking to buy directly from them without ebay fees i could get the price lower a bit i guess.

This is good info, private sales could be good too just need to figure out shipping costs and I'm good. I'll check out the site you've mentioned - many thanks.

2 hours ago, Dexter said:

To get my money to my local bank account from PayPal i need to make a withdrawal request. 
Inbound transactions get a fee put on them of around 5€ each so spending my PayPal funds and paying a premium almost is the same as paying with money from my bank account in the end - just less hassle for me.
I didn't think of ebay as a good source of silver and gold - might be worth taking a look and asking to buy directly from them without ebay fees i could get the price lower a bit i guess.

This is good info, private sales could be good too just need to figure out shipping costs and I'm good. I'll check out the site you've mentioned - many thanks.

Have you looked at https://transferwise.com/ to pay these dealers, very good and cheap service and a lot better than banks. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 hours ago, Dexter said:

If you're asking on eBay to buy directly outside of the platform, you risk getting banned. eBay are hot on that, it's against their rules. 

To be honest, I've never heard of withdrawing from PayPal to a bank account being a big hassle. 

3 hours ago, Dexter said:

Hi,

As said i plan to put money towards silver and gold to somehow halt or at least slow down my "problem" with flipping watches.
I'm looking for dealer suggestions that offer vat free or with vat gold and silver in the European union at low prices, no coins just bars as close to spot as possible - with Paypal payment as an option.
I do not want to go trough with withdrawing money to my bank account, waiting a week and then sending sepa or iban transfers to get my items.

So if members could please list some dealers that sell gold and silver bars and accept paypal I'd be more than thankful.

Are you able to use your paypal balance via the 'friends and family' option? Might open up options for forum members. There was a guy here recently who had 10 oz metalor bars for sale for instance.

52 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Have you looked at https://transferwise.com/ to pay these dealers, very good and cheap service and a lot better than banks. 

Sure i use them, but that would mean i need to have the funds available on my card not my PP account. I want to mitigate the bank fees by buying from my available balance.

40 minutes ago, Melon said:

If you're asking on eBay to buy directly outside of the platform, you risk getting banned. eBay are hot on that, it's against their rules. 

To be honest, I've never heard of withdrawing from PayPal to a bank account being a big hassle. 

I know, it's not a hassle just takes a week or two for my bank in Croatia and the inbound fees make up for a higher % on the spot price if i pay from my PP balance.

25 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

Are you able to use your paypal balance via the 'friends and family' option? Might open up options for forum members. There was a guy here recently who had 10 oz metalor bars for sale for instance.

Who'd do that for a new member 😕 and most of you/us have shipping costs but some dealers offer free shipping don't want someone to loose out on a normal sale cause of my lets say unwillingness to pay via wire or service like transferwise.
I can send the balance normally and via friends and family - as said i just don't want to pull it to my bank account because of the fees and wait oh and inbound money gets turned from EUR to HRK and by god knows which exchange rate so i take a beating there too...

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

Who'd do that for a new member

I don't see why a forum member wouldn't sell to you if you paid by PP F&F. The only issue really is shipping from the UK (probably), cost and insurance, would need to be at your risk.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I have never had a issue with PayPal yet.

I offer F&F, but prefer to sell it as goods, ok there is a charge, but it's safe. I accept bank transfers, but again a proper invoice is safe for the buyer. My view.

But I trust ALOT of members here, and never had a issue with F&F

5 minutes ago, jonrms said:

I have never had a issue with PayPal yet.

I offer F&F, but prefer to sell it as goods, ok there is a charge, but it's safe. I accept bank transfers, but again a proper invoice is safe for the buyer. My view.

But I trust ALOT of members here, and never had a issue with F&F

That's true for me on other forums or stuff i've sold... But as i'm looking to buy normal bars with no intrinsic value i thought the first place to look should have been the dealers and not fellow members.
Artisan silver bars and coins are definitely something i'd want but just not currently...

I'm looking for generic to stack 😂 but as it seems I'll be getting some coins for  the time being... I'll buy some from gold.de listed vendors and try my luck with eBay... Found some stuff locally but have to investigate the real value of the loot before committing.

25 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

Whether this is a case of skullduggery or not, it does highlight a potential flaw in checking goods not just coming in, but also GOING OUT.

If I were a PM business, I would test EVERYTHING coming in and also video EVERY single package as it is unboxed and tested. Same for when goods leave as well. Can't remember the US company's name, but said US company that mints their own stuff also do something similar. They have their workstations set up so as to overhead video the employee as they place tubes etc into the packaging and then sealed/wrapped. Wouldn't be too difficult to include that same set up for unboxing and testing as well.

Plenty of Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Think you wanted to post this in the European Mint thread ;)

27 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

This! ☝️

Would be nice if the European Mint would be reading along. 😂 Whether they then care, that's a whole different story, but one can hope, right? 😊

And to think i almost ordered my first stack from them... First and last would be i think 😕 seeing how the first experience is usually the most important one in a hobby...

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

And to think i almost ordered my first stack from them... First and last would be i think 😕 seeing how the first experience is usually the most important one in a hobby...

So far the coins that I have ordered from them have been in good condition, for me it has mostly been the capsules that were very much a hit and miss.

Had some contact about it with them, and they promised to send some additional capsules with my next order. So I have placed a smaller order earlier this week, which is expected to arrive early next week. The outcome of that order is going to determine for me whether they'll have a loyal customer in me, or whether I'm going to steer away from them for a while.

At least there are some other decent options out there. My first experience with Celticgold has been good, as was EMK (although they are pricier with their bullion), and GS.be seems to be fine as long as you don't need their infamous customer service. Not sure if any of these will work for you and your banking issue though.

6 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Ahh, Celticgold - i wanted toask about them - so your experience was good? I have an option of local pickup and can pay the friend when i see him next time or via F&F by PP and be done with it...

Yep, my experience has been generally good. :)

Come to think of it, I even placed a thread about them at the time. You can find my experiences in more detail over here;

Thanks !

So to cure the itch I went online and found a guy locally that sells medals and such. He had two of there at 150€ a pop - about spot I'd think?

Bought two of them and will be withdrawing my PP balance to my account after all...

For my first purchase i think i did good.

L0JVr0o.jpg?1

1 hour ago, FunkyChicken said:

Spot price currently is €15,31, so then you've even bought them under spot. You'd almost think it might be too good to be true... 😂

Thought so, left one with a jeweler to get it checked when the person that knows how to operate the device for testing PM % gets to work...

But then again seeing as Croatian buyout average price for 1g of 999 silver is 2.5 kunas in my city or  0.336094948 Euros i think the guy got a better deal with me than the average places that buy PMs...
We'll see later today.

31 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Thought so, left one with a jeweler to get it checked when the person that knows how to operate the device for testing PM % gets to work...

But then again seeing as Croatian buyout average price for 1g of 999 silver is 2.5 kunas in my city or  0.336094948 Euros i think the guy got a better deal with me than the average places that buy PMs...
We'll see later today.

Please update us when you know more. If it's all good, I'll have to have a word with my girlfriend about going to Croatia for the summer holiday next year. 😂

Archived